Teacher of Art with experience on Graphic Communications
This job expired on 4 June 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
4 June 2023 at 11:59pm
24 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Art and designjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Full time hours
- Maternity or parental leave cover - 1 year
- QTS Pay Scale plus inner London Weighting
What skills and experience we're looking for
The successful applicant will:
- Be suitably qualified and have experience required to perform the role to a high standard.
- Have experience of teaching Graphic Communications.
- Have a good awareness of what constitutes an ‘Outstanding’ lesson.
- Be a creative practitioner and one who is prepared to put forward ideas to help the department develop.
- Be able to work within a dynamic and challenging environment.
- Have excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Be able to demonstrate success within delivering the curriculum (including lesson preparation, assessing, and reporting on students’ work) using methodology and learning styles to maintain an effective learning environment within the ethos, rules and disciplinary systems of the Academy.
- Plan and teach well-structured, differentiated lessons that are aligned to the agreed curriculum and lesson elements.
- Contribute to curriculum design and schemes of work and ensure they are completed to high standard.
- Provide frequent and incisive pupil feedback in line with departmental policy.
What the school offers its staff
As a member of staff at Woolwich Polytechnic School for Boys we can offer you:
- Opportunities to contribute ideas and develop initiatives that improve the school
- Outstanding staff: professional, supportive and committed
- Opportunities for career progression
- Excellent professional development
- The opportunity to play your part to help provide a rewarding environment where students and staff feel valued and supported and everyone feels part of the ‘Poly Family’
- A contributory pension scheme
- Opportunities to collaborate with outstanding and dynamic teaching professionals
- Access to various discounts for a small monthly fee
- An employee assistance programme
- Season ticket loans
- Finders fees for personal introductions of staff that we employ
- Excellent catering facilities with complimentary daily coffee for staff
- Secure on-site parking
- A focus on wellbeing with a dedicated wellbeing committee to liaise with SLT
Further details about the role
Woolwich Polytechnic School for Boys are looking to appoint an exceptional teacher of Art and Design with a dynamic and inspirational approach to teaching, an individual that will become an integral part of the department, who will support the department in achieving its ambitious targets and goals. We would like a teacher who believes in collaboration both for students and when working with colleagues.The ideal candidate will be expected to contribute to extra-curricular activities within the department as well as the pastoral life of the school as a form tutor.
We are looking for a teacher who is passionate and committed to Graphic Communications, art and design, to join our outstanding Team. You must be a reflective practitioner and be committed to strong personal growth and continuing professional development. This position would suit an early careers teacher or a more experienced teacher looking to broaden their experience at an inner-city school. Art and Design is a core subject at key stage 3 and is a popular choice at key stage 4, with Graphic Communication being a very popular subject at both Key stage 4 & 5.
We currently offer the following EDUQAS accredited courses:
- GCSE Art and design
- GCSE Graphic communications
- GCSE Photography
- A’ level Fine art
- A’ Level Photography
Commitment to safeguarding
About Woolwich Polytechnic School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 19
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1562 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Woolwich Polytechnic School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
PolyMAT is a small and ambitious MAT with a unique family feel. Our vision is ‘Success for Everyone’ which places inclusion and well-being at its heart. We currently have two schools in our Trust: Woolwich Polytechnic School for Boys, a long-successful boys’ school, and Woolwich Polytechnic School for Girls that opened in 2019 and will comprise Years 7 – 11 from September 2023. We also have our flourishing Sixth Form provision which is co-educational. Our Trust and our schools pride themselves on a culture of high standards delivered through our Values of Care and Unity. We provide a rewarding environment where students and staff feel valued and supported and everyone feels part of the larger family as our schools and departments work very closely together and are located next to each other. Working for PolyMAT may present the unique opportunity for staff to teach across both schools and for candidates to join our recruitment pool for further openings.
Arranging a visit to Woolwich Polytechnic School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Teacher of Fine Art & Textiles
Harris Girls' Academy East Dulwich
Homestall Road, London, SE22 0NR
The Compton School
Summers Lane, London, N12 0QG
Langley Park School for Girls
Hawksbrook Lane, Beckenham, Kent, BR3 3BE
The Elms Academy
Elms Road, London, SW4 9ET
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in London