- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- Fixed term (1 Year)
Teacher of Basic Skills (English)
Required for: January 2022 or earlier if available
Pay scale and salary: MPS/UPS
Contract: 1-year fixed term (funding dependant)
Cockburn School would like to invite applications from dynamic and inspirational teachers to join their team at Footsteps a Key Stage 3 & 4 off-site alternative provision for students with social, emotional and mental health (SEMH) issues.
Footsteps is an off-site short-term alternative provision working with the South Area Inclusion Partnership located in South Leeds. The centre can support up to 25 students, all with SEMH needs. Our main aim is to help them return to mainstream education where possible or another provision that would best meet their needs.
You will be joining a team of inclusive, supportive, positive and forward thinking individuals who strive to improve the quality of education for our students who are struggling to manage in mainstream school.
You will play a key role in producing a creative, learning-focused culture and supporting an ethos which leads to high standards, a caring approach and a safe and happy environment.
We are looking for a teacher who is:
• excited by their role and by the prospect of working with young people in difficulty
• a proven record of good behaviour management
• proven to have high expectations of behaviour, achievement and progress, with a real commitment to inclusion
• able to build positive relationships with students, parent/carers, professionals and the staff team
• enjoys the processes of learning and teaching and is keen to continually develop their own skills
• will subscribe to the ethos of Footsteps and go the extra mile in terms of time and commitment to get the very best from the students
• sees break duty as an opportunity to talk to students
• are quick to praise and slow to criticise
• innovative and highly motivated to inspire, enthuse, engage and challenge students
• dedicated to their own development and that of others, with a drive to ensure all students achieve their full potential.
If you are excited by this opportunity please download the application pack from www.cockburnschool.org/vacancies
The closing date for this post is 9:00am on Monday 18th October 2021.
The school is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children, and applicants will be subject to full employment checks, including an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Applying for the job
Please apply online with the link provided,More on how to apply (opens in new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- School size
- 1262 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
About Cockburn School
Cockburn School is an inclusive community comprehensive school whose focus on each individual, acknowledging both their rights and responsibilities. A strong care, support guidance structure underpins a curriculum that seeks to develop the potential of every student. Academic rigour valued at all stages we strive create learning experiences provide challenge, engagement achievement. Our vision opportunities within beyond enable student so they become confident, independent successful citizens. We seek widen aspirations students, help them reach destinations are attainable fulfilling. have high expectations academic success personal behaviour believe these best achieved in caring environment. promote respect good manners; fundamental our community. recognise importance individual place local specialism enables students more interested involved arts, as part extended schools programme. ethos involves developing students’ enjoyment participation building self-confidence self-esteem creative abilities which often leads lifelong arts related activities. many see performances exhibitions. work raise attainment quality teaching chosen subjects for ways use new technologies improve whole curriculum. equality opportunity celebrating kinds. aim by creative, reflective learners. Arranging visit Contact 0113 2719962 location Parkside, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS11 5TT If candidates wish please contact us or email firstname.lastname@example.org