Teacher of Biology
Required for September 2020, a well-qualified, enthusiastic Teacher of Biology to teach at KS3, KS4 and A Level, at this selective boys’ state school with a mixed Sixth Form and an exceptional academic and extra-curricular reputation. The Department achieves outstanding results and we are seeking an excellent classroom practitioner and a passionate advocate for their subject. The post offers an exciting opportunity for a qualified teacher at any stage in their career. We would also consider a strong graduate looking to become qualified whilst working at KEGS. Any candidates also interested in teaching another subject would be equally welcome to apply. A recruitment incentive could be available for an exceptional candidate.
Essential educational requirements
A graduate with a relevant degree.
Qualified teacher status (or a willingness to become qualified during the first year at KEGS).
Essential skills and experience
· The ability to communicate a genuine passion for their subject and the capacity to teach to a very high level.
· Strong subject knowledge (to allow confident teaching to A level standard).
· A record of securing strong examination outcomes (unless the person is a new entrant to the profession).
· A genuine passion for engaging with young people of all ages and to establish positive relationships including with disengaged students.
· An interest in contemporary thinking regarding effective teaching and learning.
About King Edward VI Grammar School, Chelmsford
- Broomfield Road, Chelmsford, Essex, CM1 3SX
- King Edward VI Grammar School, Chelmsford website (opens in a new window)