Teacher of Biology
London Academy of Excellence, London
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Will consider full-time, part-time|
|Salary||£28,550 to £40,800 per year (full-time equivalent)|
We seek someone with strong academic qualifications who is passionate and committed to high standards in their subject. A teaching qualification is not necessarily required for this post, but a passion and aptitude for teaching and imparting knowledge is essential.
The chosen applicant will be joining one of LAE’s most successful departments, with students in 2019 achieving 95% A*-B / 100* A*-C. 31 students progressed on to medicine, dentistry and veterinary science courses at university.
LAE can offer you:
• the opportunity to teach your subject to the highest standard to many of the most able and inquisitive young people in east London;
• regular, high-quality continuous professional development and support;
• a modern and positive learning environment minutes from the Olympic Park and Stratford Station;
• collaborative working with our world-class partner schools: Brighton College, Caterham School, Eton College, Forest School, Highgate School and UCS Hampstead.
• for NQTs, an excellent support programme, where new teachers are “guided skilfully to develop their practice as part of cohesive and collegiate team” (NPW Quality Assurance report).
|School type||Free School|
|Education phase||Sixteen Plus|
|School size||468 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||16 to 19|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||London Academy of Excellence website (opens in a new window)|
About London Academy of Excellence
London Academy of Excellence (LAE) is an academic free school sixth form located in the heart of Stratford, close to the Olympic Park and just two minutes from Stratford Station (zone 2/3), with excellent links to all parts of London. In 2019, LAE secured outstanding A level results. 93% of grades were A*, A or B and 65% of all grades were A* or A. 200 students progressed to Russell Group universities, including 25 to the universities of Oxford and Cambridge. Our average grade was an A- and our ALPS 1 value-added score places us in the top 1% of schools nationally for progress. We are delighted to have achieved the best A-level results in east London for five consecutive years. The school is heavily oversubscribed with more than 3800 applications for 250 places this year and was graded ‘outstanding’ in every category by Ofsted in November 2017. The Sunday Time ranked us third in their list of state sixth form colleges in 2018/19 and named us State Sixth Form of the Year in 2015/16.
Broadway House, London, E15 1AJ