Teacher of Biology - temporary post
Poole Grammar School, Poole, Dorset
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Will consider full-time, part-time|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490 per year (full-time equivalent)|
We are a successful selective Academy Trust school and are seeking to appoint a well-qualified and inspirational teacher of Biology to cover long-term staff sickness absence. The timetable for September 2020 is evolving so there is potential of a permanent post becoming available in the near future for exceptional candidates.
We are looking for a teacher with an enthusiasm for Biology and the post is suited to new entrants to the profession as well as more experienced teachers. We are ideally looking for a full time teacher but applications will be considered from anyone interested in the post on either a full- or part-time basis.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to teach exam classes up to KS5.
We have an excellent reputation for success and we offer:
• Intelligent highly motivated students
• A school renowned for the friendliness of its staff room and the potential of its students
• Opportunity to work in a supportive and forward-thinking environment
• An extensive range of extracurricular activities
If you’re interested in joining our professional and friendly team, then please visit our website www.poolegrammar.com and complete the online application form. Full details about the position can also be found online.
Poole Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS application. Poole Grammar School also promotes equal opportunities for its workforce.
Essential educational requirements
• Good Degree in Biology or an appropriate subject
• Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
• Exemplary classroom practitioner
• Teaching Biology at KS3, KS4 and A level
• Teaching Chemistry and or Physics to KS3
• An understanding of Health and Safety issues relating to Biology practicals, fieldwork and visits
• An awareness of curriculum issues relating to Biology
• Meeting the needs of students with special educational needs and the able and talented
• Awareness and promotion of the use of ICT in the Biology curriculum
• Pastoral work in a school setting
|School size||1189 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Poole Grammar School website (opens in a new window)|
Gravel Hill, Poole, Dorset, BH17 9JU