- No, visa sponsorship not available
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- MPS / UPS
What skills and experience we're looking for
- A highly effective professional, who is able to motivate and encourage colleagues to share our vision
- Aligned to our values and mission. If you are the type of person who fits with our culture, you will love working here
- Someone who passionately believes that all children can achieve, no matter what their starting point, background or needs.
What the school offers its staff
- Huge support and progression opportunities
- A knowledge-rich curriculum, built on ‘powerful knowledge’ and a traditional T&L approach built around Rosenshine and TLAC
- Collaborative planning with centralised, shared units of work and resources
- Excellent support from the Astrea Trust Central team
- A feedback policy focused on whole class feedback – no onerous marking policies
- Disruption-free learning and a ‘warm/strict’ behaviour system
- Highly visible/supportive senior leaders who have your back
- Centralised detentions, including homework detentions (you do not need to organise/run/chase them at all)
- No formal graded lesson observations – just ongoing ‘no-stakes’ instructional coaching, helping you to continuously develop
- Excellent ongoing CPD, career development and promotion opportunities across the Astrea South Yorkshire region
- Opportunity to complete NPQs
- An unrivalled professional progression model.
Commitment to safeguarding
Astrea Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to satisfactory background checks including references and enhanced DBS checks.
This job post has expired.
About Netherwood Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- School size
- 1204 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
Netherwood Academy is an 11-16 academy which opened in September 2012, set in an extensive £35 million campus. As part of Astrea Academy Trust, Netherwood Academy is in an exciting period of development.
Arranging a visit to Netherwood Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Head of PE (Male)
Laisterdyke Leadership Academy
Thornbury Road, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD3 8HE
Teacher of PE
Meadowhead School Academy Trust
Dyche Lane, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S8 8BR