Teacher of Business
This job expired on 24 February 2023
Start date details
24 February 2023 at 9am
26 January 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - 100% FTE
Full-time equivalent salary
What skills and experience we're looking for
Due to an expansion of our KS4 and KS5 offering, we are seeking a highly motivated teacher of Business who will work within the Business Team in a department that is well-resourced and led by forward-thinking practitioners who are keen to ensure all students not only achieve well, but develop an enjoyment of the subject.
This is an excellent opportunity and comes at an exciting time for the Academy. From September 2020 we expanded our curriculum offer and combined with an additional intake of Year 7 students, this enabled us to create more opportunities across the Academy.
- Be a passionate and dynamic teacher.
- Be enthusiastic about helping young people to succeed.
- Have the ability to form strong professional relationships with young people.
- Have high expectations for the behaviour and academic progress of young people.
- Be ambitious and have the energy and creativity to make a significant contribution to the whole academy.
What the school offers its staff
The Thomas Deacon Academy that we know today opened in 2007 as one of the UK’s first and largest academies. Whilst a building does not make a school, it is worth noting that Thomas Deacon Academy was designed by Norman Foster and Partners and in addition to our impressive main academy our beautiful 43-acre campus includes TDA Juniors - a modern, light, and purpose-built Key Stage 2 facility - and expansive playing fields and sporting facilities.
Moving forward, our vision for the academy is a simple one: we want every member of our learning community to be the very best that they can be and achieve their full potential.
The academy’s core values of Trust, Discipline and Aspiration define who we are as a community and how we learn together. We believe that every member of our learning community should have the highest expectations and standards, showing trust and discipline in all that we do.
In September 2019, TDA received a very positive Ofsted report, judging the academy to be Good overall. Ofsted commented favourably, amongst other things, on the overall leadership of the academy, good teaching, positive relationships between staff and students and students’ behaviour. These aspects of the academy have been maintained alongside the identified areas for development being addressed.
The Trust offers:
- excellent salary package.
- fantastic training/CPD opportunities in a friendly supportive environment.
- opportunity for progression across Thomas Deacon Education Trust.
- use of Academy facilities (including a gym and onsite car parking).
- Local Government pension scheme.
- An engaging, creative and welcoming environment to learners who take pride in their school.
- An inclusive and collaborative approach.
- A talented, highly motivated, committed and professional team of colleagues, both within the school and across the trust.
- An actively supportive Local Governing Body and Trust leadership.
Further details about the role
Teacher of Business
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Site: Thomas Deacon Academy
Closing date: 24 February 2023
Please note the trust may decide to withdraw the advert before the closing date or interview suitable candidates prior to the advert closing.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Thomas Deacon Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 7 to 19
- Education phase
- View all Through schooljobs
- School size
- 2378 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 7 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Thomas Deacon Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Peterborough and Cambridgeshire and Peterborough