Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Business studies, Computing
MPS/UPS (£25,714 - £41,604 per annum dependent on experience)
Required for September 2021
Pontefract Academies Trust is a cross phase Multi Academy Trust comprising of eight schools, six primaries and two 11 – 16 secondary schools. The Trust is a medium sized family of schools all located within a tight geographic hub within Pontefract. Pupils are drawn from the local community that includes a mix of different catchment areas.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, hardworking and committed Teacher of Business and Computing to join Carleton High School. This candidate will be responsible for securing outstanding outcomes for pupils through outstanding provision. They will demonstrate high quality teaching to ensure pupils can make accelerated progress, and liaise effectively with colleagues to ensure consistency of approach in teaching and learning across the whole school and wider Trust.
This is a permanent role, equating to 1FTE.
The school can offer:
We are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic person who:
- hard-working and highly committed staff who share a common sense of purpose and high expectations of what pupils can achieve
- a supportive Trust as your employer that are strongly committed to providing high quality CPD and career progression
- significant opportunities to work in collaboration with colleagues in this school and across the trust
- the opportunity to work with ambitious and inspirational leaders
To obtain an application form, please visit our website at www.pontefractacademiestrust.org.uk/vacancies.
- has a friendly manner and can communicate effectively with staff and pupils
- will make a difference in changing children’s life chances
- has the skills and abilities to support children of all abilities and personal needs
- can work effectively as part of a team but can also work independently using their own initiative
- has the ability to form effective relationships with pupils and parents/carers
Completed application forms should be returned by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 10:00am on Wednesday 16th June 2021.
We are an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from everyone. The Pontefract Academies Trust is wholly committed to ensuring children and young people are fully supported and safe. We are dedicated to the safeguarding of all children and young people whilst promoting their welfare. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure and pre-employment checks. Successful applicants will also be asked to provide criminal conviction information.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Academy, ages 11 to 16
926 pupils enrolled
11 to 16
About Carleton High School
Carleton High School has a vision to provide a first-class education to all students so that they make outstanding progress and get the chances in life they deserve.
Our ethos is summarised through our mantra, Culture + Consistency = Excellence. Put simply, this means that we have an achievement focused culture where we do not put a ceiling on what our students can accomplish. This really matters; academic results open doors for our young people. We aim to be consistent in our approach to everything that we do, never compromising on our high standards so that all our students, no matter what their starting point or circumstance, thrive and achieve their absolute best.
We live and breathe our student values of respect, responsibility, determination and excellence. These values reiterate positive attitudes to build character and support our students to develop into well rounded citizens, who are well prepared for their next steps in life.
Carleton High School, part of Pontefract Academies Trust, has been named the most improved school in the North of England, according to the Fairer Secondary Schools Index, published by the Northern Powerhouse Partnership.