About the role:
Sheffield Springs Academy is seeking to appoint a Head of Business and Computing. The academy is part of United Learning, a national group of schools and academies. Sheffield Springs Academy is an 11-16 secondary serving the Park, Manor and Castle wards of Sheffield. As part of United Learning our aim is to bring out ‘the Best in Everyone’ and we continuously strive to ensure that students and staff have every opportunity to succeed, with their potential developed to the utmost.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading Business and Computing, we require an enthusiastic teacher, a person with leadership skills and vision to plan, shape and grow the provision.
Sheffield Springs Academy proudly announced the start of its Nebula programme in September 2021 and is keen to progress this further with more time dedicated to studying STEM subjects with specialist teachers. The successful candidate will take a lead role in embedding this practice within the department and support like-minded leaders.
This role requires a highly focussed individual who is organised and passionate about making a difference for our academy and the local community. The successful candidate will be a highly efficient individual with outstanding attention to detail. This is a challenging role that will bring many rewards. This post is suitable for experienced teachers and anyone who would like to progress their career to Middle Leadership.
We are looking for a leader who:
- Is a highly skilled and inspirational classroom practitioner who models effective pedagogical practice.
- Has vision and proven ability to make things happen.
- Has the ability to lead and inspire others and work as part of a team.
- Has personal qualities to motivate, support and challenge others.
- Is committed to improving the life chances of our students and support them to become well rounded citizens.
We will offer you:
- Excellent facilities and resources.
- Talented, supportive and innovative staff and students.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Opportunities to collaborate with colleagues in our cluster of schools.
- Access to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (TPS).
If you possess these qualities and share the academy’s vision, then we will be delighted to hear from you. Please see the Job Description and Person Specification for further information.
To apply, please click ‘Apply Now’ to complete our online application form, CVs are not accepted. If you have any queries regarding this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org The closing date for this post is 23:59pm on Sunday 08 October 2023. Interviews will take place soon after. Applicants are encouraged to visit the academy before applying, to arrange a visit please contact email@example.com
United Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employees will, in accordance with statutory guidance, be subject to a comprehensive checking process including references from current and previous employers, health, right to work in the UK, an Enhanced DBS check and a further check against the appropriate barred list.
This job post has expired.