• To teach the classes allocated, and provide a well-planned, challenging and purposeful
learning environment for all students.
• To support and carry out policies and practices to promote positive student behaviour and
achievement in business.
• To set homework on a regular basis and mark student work in line with faculty policy.
• To assess, monitor, record and report on student achievement in line with Academy and
Curriculum Area policy, including attending parents’ meetings.
• To assist in the identification of student special educational needs, and support the work of
the Learning Support Team, including participation in the writing and review of individual
• To share in the development of course outlines, syllabuses and schemes of work in business.
• To make effective use of student performance data, and student and staff target-setting;
and provide relevant information to the Head of Faculty, Raising Standards Leaders and
Senior Leadership Team.
• To prepare for and attend Business Curriculum Area and Year Team meetings and support
the work of the Business Curriculum Area and the House or 6th Form Team.
• To actively support and participate in the museum learning programme.
• To participate in ongoing professional development and support the Trust’s professional
development and appraisal policy.
• To undertake specific duties within the Business Team as agreed with the Head of Faculty.
Langley Academy is not just another school; it is a new way of learning, where
each and every one of us is encouraged to use our imagination to create new
ways to ignite our students’ desire to learn.
Our state-of-the-art facilities including our on-site museum and unique
‘Museum Learning’ approach provide the backdrop to our success.
One of the many advantages of
working at The Langley Academy is our short Fridays so you can start your
weekend early, part of our wider approach to supporting health and wellbeing.
In addition, we provide you with the help, support and resources you need to
develop, including enhanced additional funding from our sponsor.
This job post has expired.