We require a talented and committed Teacher of Business Studies to join the department at this exciting stage in our
improvement journey. Our Business Studies department is well resourced and the subject is a popular option at GCSE
and A Level. We are looking for an inspirational practitioner to join us as we strive for excellence.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a team player, committed to departmental priorities.
- Demonstrate consistently positive progress with their teaching groups.
- Be committed to using evidence-based pedagogy in their own classroom, to drive standards in Business Studies.
- Be determined that all students should have the best opportunity for success.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Training and development opportunities will be offered. All
staff are encouraged to study further and the trust will actively support staff to obtain relevant further qualifications
Tove Learning Trust is a fast moving and exciting place to work. The trust schools have a shared vision and purpose: to
deliver outstanding educational experiences that lead to inspiring outcomes. Each academy has a strong individual
identity and tailors their educational provision to serve their local community. Academies within the trust collaborate
to share expertise and maximise opportunities and experiences for our students.
The Business Studies department at Huxlow comes under the Design and Technology Department who are a
committed and supportive team, comprising of experience teachers, ECTs and non-specialists. The Department believe
that all students are entitled to a challenging, academic, and enjoyable experience of Business Studies. Our aim is to
enthuse students to become confident in their understanding of the business world. Teaching Business Studies,
enhances their key skills, and allows them opportunities to work on projects from industry and the world around them.
There are also opportunities for collaboration with schools within TOVE Trust to share expertise and support the
development of Business Studies teaching at Huxlow.
- To develop a curiosity, excitement, and passion for Business Studies within students at Huxlow.
- To contribute to raising standards of student attainment and build a culture of excellence in all classes.
- To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a Teacher/Form Tutor.
- To provide a learning experience which gives the students the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
- To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students
and to support the Business Studies curriculum area as appropriate.
- The ability to teach computing at key stage three would be an advantage but not essential quality.
- To share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic
The Trustees of Tove Learning Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This job post has expired.