Teacher of Business Studies
Thank you for taking the time to consider joining our team of staff at The Royal Liberty School part of the Success for All Educational Trust.
We share the Trust vision of ‘Commitment to Success for All’ and work hard as a team to ensure our students develop the skills that will enable them to achieve the very best at every stage of their life.
Our school has a unique character centered around the positive and respectful relationships between all stakeholders. If you were to ask a parent why they chose Royal Liberty School for their son, they would tell you we succeed in combining academic excellence with a range of opportunities beyond the classroom and provide excellent pastoral care. Our recent Ofsted inspection report states ‘Pupils are well behaved, respectful and courteous’ and ‘parents value the sense of community, which is palpable throughout the school’.
Our students are amazing and we provide many opportunities for them to represent us; for example, our Science and MFL Ambassadors who tour local primary schools and teach younger students and our Elite Sport Programme students who run the borough primary Tri-Group Tournament.
We are committed to improving outcomes for all students and have a focus on high quality teaching and learning to ensure the best possible progress. Our Partnership with Redden Court School has afforded us fantastic opportunities to collaborate and share best practice. As a school we continuously strive for improvement and this is reflected in our improving results in all areas. This was recognised in our recent inspection “Teachers’ strong subject knowledge is also used well when correcting pupils’ misunderstandings”.
We use every opportunity to develop staff at all levels and, from September 2018, we are taking part in the Achievement for All Coaching Programme led by Teach First.
We have a comprehensive CPD Programme and support staff at all levels to develop and experience opportunities to progress their careers.
Staff well-being is very important to us and we buy into SAS Health and Well-Being Services which offers a range of services for all staff in the school.
Visitors to our school are always impressed by the calm, purposeful and friendly atmosphere. Please come and visit us to see for yourself and meet some of our amazing students and staff.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic teacher of Business to join our friendly and supportive faculty. Business Studies is a very popular subject and a significant number choose this as an option at KS4. The successful candidate will also be expected to teach Computing at KS3.
This post would be very suitable for a newly qualified teacher looking for their first appointment. NQTs are fully supported by an induction programme delivered by the school and the Empower Alliance.
A teacher is responsible for ensuring that the students he/she teaches are able to learn effectively and to make progress.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
▪ The preparation of lessons in accordance with the school’s agreed policies and procedures.
▪ Planning of lessons and teaching resources that enable students to learn and make progress.
▪ The Assessment of students learning recognising its place in developing students learning.
▪ Using assessment to inform teaching and learning. Following the school policies on assessment and marking.
▪ Setting and marking of homework, extended learning tasks and class work. Working in accordance with the homework policy.
▪ The provision of an effective learning environment through proper use of resources and effective management of student behaviour.
▪ Being a reflective practitioner, keeping up to date, through reading and INSET, with educational thinking.
▪ Contributing to the development of a subject area through attending meetings and being involved in Faculty review and planning.
We are part of the Success for All Multi Academy Trust with Redden Court School and Sanders School. As an employee you will be covered by our excellent well-being support and medical cover programme through the School Advisory Service (SAS).
We take a collaborative view of learning where good practice is shared through a structured INSET programme within school and across the Trust.
As part of the Priority Schools Building Programme and Local Authority expansion we will be undergoing a full refurbishment of the school in 2020.
About The Royal Liberty School
Secondary School for boys. Ofsted rating: Good.
- Upper Brentwood Road, Romford, Essex, RM2 6HJ
- The Royal Liberty School website (opens in a new window)