Teacher of Chemistry
We are a successful selective Academy Trust school and are seeking to appoint a well-qualified and inspirational teacher of Chemistry to join the department in September 2020.
We are looking for a teacher with an enthusiasm for Chemistry and the post is suited to new entrants to the profession as well as more experienced teachers.
We have an excellent reputation for success and we offer:
• Intelligent highly motivated students
• A school renowned for the friendliness of its staff room and the potential of its students
• Opportunity to work in a supportive and forward-thinking environment
• An extensive range of extracurricular activities
If you’re interested in joining our professional and friendly team, then please visit our website www.poolegrammar.com and complete the online application form. Full details about the position can also be found online.
Poole Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS application. Poole Grammar School also promotes equal opportunities for its workforce.
Essential educational requirements
• Good Degree in Chemistry or an appropriate subject
• Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
• Exemplary classroom practitioner
• Teaching Chemistry at KS3, KS4 and A level
• Teaching Biology and/or Physics to KS3
• An understanding of Health and Safety issues relating to practicals, fieldwork and visits
• An awareness of curriculum issues relating to Chemistry
• Meeting the needs of students with special educational needs and the able and talented
• Awareness and promotion of the use of ICT in the Chemistry curriculum
• Pastoral work in a school setting
About Poole Grammar School
- Gravel Hill, Poole, Dorset, BH17 9JU
- Poole Grammar School website (opens in a new window)