1332 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About The John Warner School
Thank you for your interest in the post of Teacher of Chemistry at The John Warner School. I appreciate the time that it takes to apply for teaching positions and hope that the details in this pack provide you with all the information you need.
At The John Warner School we ignite a lifelong passion for learning, to discover and develop potential, allowing all to flourish in an ever-changing world.
At The John Warner School we are proud to belong to a school that has provided a first-rate education to young people in Hoddesdon since John Warner built a school for children of all classes and religious beliefs in 1841. Our school today is founded on the basis of excellent teaching and the encouragement of hard work. We are passionate about creating the best learning opportunities for our students, the best professional development for our staff and the best engagement with our community.
This is an exciting period in the school’s history where we are undertaking a number of school improvement initiatives. Over the coming years we will build a school where:
• Students make exceptional progress;
• Students access an exciting, challenging and relevant curriculum;
• Students are supported by a caring, committed and capable pastoral system;
• The well-being of all members of the school community is given priority;
• We have truly great teaching, learning and assessment;
• Staff enhance their practice through a personalised, relevant and ongoing training programme;
• We enjoy an engaging, vibrant and pleasant learning environment;
• We make meaningful connections with our local community
• We have a popular, high-performing and well-resourced Sixth Form;
• We use intelligent, responsible and focused leadership and management systems.
We are proud to belong to a school where we value:
• Aspiration. We aim high in all we do, prepare to succeed in school and in life and aim to create memories and futures together.
• Creativity. We believe that we are creative, love learning and thinking deeply and acknowledge the importance of education for education’s sake.
• Participation. We learn from each other to make a positive impact on our school, family and world, broaden our skills beyond the classroom and promote community links through charitable works.
• Respect. We create a mutually respectful atmosphere, we respect ourselves, others and our surroundings and we form positive relationships in an environment that is free from prejudice, bullying and harassment.
• Endeavour. We believe hard work leads to success, strive to achieve our targets, goals and ambitions and develop resilience to thrive in an ever-changing world.
The school benefits from a superior environment for learning. In addition to our state-of-the-art sports centre, which is one of the largest attached to any school in the country, we have benefited from £18 million worth of development which means that students now benefit from having some of the best learning resources and accommodation in the country. This means that students who attend our school benefit from a superb indoor environment as well as a landscaped external environment that provides them with opportunities for relaxation, sport and socialising. Most recently the school has opened new centres for humanities, modern foreign languages, art, technology, mathematics, English as well as a new library. Together these facilities mean we are able to offer a modern and integrated campus to support the work of the staff and learning of the students.
In 2016, The John Warner School joined with The Cranbourne Primary School and Roselands Primary School to form The Hoddesdon School Trust. Together we are committed to excellence in all that we do and we offer unparalleled opportunities and experiences to all of our pupils and staff. We focus on high expectations, enthusiasm and aspiration within a culture of tolerance, respect and care. Across the trust we provide a platform for life opportunities in education, recreation and leisure; broadening horizons to create memories and futures together.
Thank you for considering The John Warner School.
Arranging a visit to The John Warner School
Visits to the school can be arranged prior to making an application. Please contact Mrs Maria Georgiou, PA to the Headteacher (email@example.com) to arrange a visit.