Teacher of Chemistry
The Skinners' School, Tunbridge Wells, Kent
|Subjects||Chemistry, Physics, Biology|
|Working pattern||Will consider full-time, part-time|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490 per year (full-time equivalent)|
|Newly qualified teacher||Suitable|
• To prepare and teach lessons to the teaching groups assigned by the Head of Chemistry using methods appropriate to the age and ability of each student.
• To undertake assessment of student progress, setting targets and monitoring performance in line with school and departmental policies.
• To set and assess homework on a regular basis according to school policy.
• To maintain an up to date knowledge of the subject, and use a range of teaching methods in line with currently acknowledged best practice.
• To collaborate with the Head of Chemistry and other colleagues in the development of appropriate specifications, schemes of work and lesson plans, which should engage, stimulate and challenge students of all abilities, and should cater for all learning styles.
• To play a role in the effective promotion of Science in general, and Chemistry in particular, at Open Days/Evenings and other events, and in the development of effective curriculum links with partner schools and the community.
• To ensure effective communication/consultation with the parents of students.
• To participate in the school’s ITT and CPD programme.
• To maintain the highest standards of behaviour within the school community, based on mutual respect between students and staff.
• To play a full part in the life of the school community, to support its distinctive ethos and to actively contribute to the wider life of the school by organising and participating in appropriate extra-curricular activities.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
• Strong subject knowledge
• An excellent classroom practitioner
• Dynamic, professional, positive and resilient
• High expectations of self and students
• A capacity for sustained hard work
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Strong organisational and interpersonal skills
• A passionate commitment to equality of opportunity for all students
• A firm commitment to Continued Professional Development
• A commitment to the ethos and extra-curricular life of the school
|School size||1068 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||The Skinners' School website (opens in a new window)|
St John's Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN4 9PG