Teacher of Chemistry
A well-qualified and creative teacher of Chemistry is required to join this extremely successful department. Excellent results are produced through inspired teaching ensuring the girls enjoy and understand the subject, a large proportion choose to study Chemistry to A level. The successful candidate should have a strong academic background, and should be able to teach Chemistry to A Level. This is a highly effective team and the candidate will be expected to play a full role within the Department.
The position would suit a newly qualified or an experienced teacher.
Closing Date: 25th February 2019
Interviews: 1st March 2019.
Essential educational requirements
Good honours degree in the appropriate subject
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
• An outstanding classroom teacher with the ability to teach Chemistry to all Key Stages.
• A passion for Chemistry and a good honours degree in their subject area.
• An ability to teach Chemistry at Key Stage 3, GCSE and A level.
• An ability to teach Biology and Physics to Key Stage 3.
• Articulate and accurate communication.
• A commitment to raising achievement and providing challenge in the classroom.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Willingness to take a full part in extended-curricular activities, including day trips.
• Excellent organisational and administrative skills.
• In sympathy with the aims of the school.
The school's admissions policy favours children of permanent staff and on occasion reasonably priced accommodation may be available via the school.
About Watford Grammar School for Girls
- Lady's Close, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD18 0AE
- Watford Grammar School for Girls website (opens in a new window)