Teacher of Citizenship
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, enthusiastic, dynamic and inspirational Teacher of Citizenship to join our Outstanding academy.
An Application Pack (including Job Description and Person Specification) is available to download from The GORSE Academies Trust website (www.tgat.org.uk/jobs), by email to email@example.com or by telephone on 0113 2630741.
If you would like to know more about The Farnley Academy, please visit our website at www.farnley.leeds.sch.uk
Essential educational requirements
• Good honours degree in relevant subject
• Qualified Teacher Status (or currently an ITT/GTP trainee)
Essential skills and experience
• Very good classroom practitioner
• Detailed knowledge of current developments in education including the use of the Pupil Premium
• Knowledge and experience of intervention strategies
• Ability to put vision into practice
• Ability to devise new resources for learning
• Successful placement(s), teaching Citizenship at KS3 & KS4 (applicants currently in training)
• Successful record of teaching Citizenship including very good exam results at one or more of KS4 & KS5 (applicants who already have gained QTS)
About The Farnley Academy
As part of The GORSE Academies Trust, The Farnley Academy underwent a remarkable transformation over three years to become one of the most improved schools in England. In December 2013, the excellence of our work was recognised by OFSTED which judged the Academy to be Outstanding in all areas. Inspectors reported that '…the quality of teaching is outstanding. Much is inspirational. As a result, students display a rare thirst for learning and an eagerness to succeed.' In addition, inspectors noted ‘Newly qualified teachers are able to improve their teaching skills very quickly and effectively as a result of the excellent role models in the school and the excellent support available to them from experienced colleagues’. In 2015, The Farnley Academy became a Teaching School. Working in alliance with a range of partners, we actively seek opportunities to raise standards in education through research and development, initial teacher training, school-to-school support and continuing professional development. The GORSE Farnley Teaching Schools Alliance has quickly established a reputation for profoundly improving student outcomes in other schools, particularly in English, Mathematics and Science. In 2016 the Academy was awarded the prestigious World Class Schools Quality Mark, becoming one of only 50 schools across England to have secured this status. Awarded only to schools whose students are able to demonstrate they have world class attributes and qualities, we are hugely proud of this achievement and what it says about our young people, their aspirations, creatively, sense of community and pride in their academy. Our mission is simple – to create an environment which is free from cynicism and unwilling to put limits on what young people can achieve. If you share our vision, this is the opportunity you have been waiting for. Applications are welcome from experienced teachers seeking a new challenge and from colleagues hoping to secure their first post.
- Chapel Lane, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS12 5EU
- The Farnley Academy website (opens in a new window)