Teacher of Complex Needs
Two Rivers High School, Tamworth, Staffordshire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490|
• To carry out the professional duties of a school teacher, including those described in the Teacher's National Pay & Conditions of Service document, which is up-dated every year.
• To plan and prepare lessons that meet the needs of all pupils, through differentiation of tasks, personalised learning plans where appropriate and through developing the skills and knowledge pupils will need throughout their school life and beyond.
• To ensure teaching programmes are regularly monitored and to assess, record and report children’s progress in all areas taught.
• To ensure the specific needs of the children, as indicated in their Educational, Health and Care .
• .+.3 Plans, are addressed.
• Be responsible for the pastoral care of children, promoting safeguarding, independence and positive behaviour and relationships, in accordance with school policies.
• To produce and support Annual Reviews and produce reports by required dates.
• To be actively involved in both the planning and execution of the School Improvement Plan.
• Support the vision, ethos and policies of the school and promote high levels of achievement and safety.
• To have a general responsibility for the safeguarding and well-being of pupils in all form groups and refer to DSL in matters of concern by completing MyConcern report.
• To adhere to all Health & Safety rules and procedures at all times.
• To produce and maintain Risk Assessments and Individual Behaviour Support Plans in collaboration with Assistant Headteacher responsible for Behaviour.
• To organise and maintain classroom resources and equipment, keeping an up to date inventory in accordance with school requirements.
• To attend relevant training courses and share good practice and knowledge gained with members of the staff team as appropriate.
• To participate in the Statutory Performance Management/Appraisal arrangements.
• To carry out such other teaching and associated tasks as may be required by the Headteacher.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
Responsibilities specific for Complex Needs
• To promote the use of alternative methods of communication for pupils within the classroom (ie. MAKATON, PECS, Whole Body Communication), ensuring that support staff are aware of this requirement and help them to gain the relevant skills.
• To provide children with access to stimulating environments, including regular use of specialist learning areas across the school as well as outside of school, such as Multi-Sensory Room, Soft-Play Room, Multi-Sensory Garden, Food Technology Room, etc.
• To manage behaviour in a positive way by developing behaviour and communication strategies.
• Work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team of professionals and medical/therapeutic staff.
|Education phase||Not Applicable|
|School size||Up to 170 pupils|
|Age range||11 to 19|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Two Rivers High School website (opens in a new window)|
Torc Campus, Tamworth, Staffordshire, B77 2HJ