- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- MPS/UPS, £29,915 – £45,766
For January 2022, we are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic teacher of Computer Science to join a highly successful and growing depart-ment. The successful applicant should be able to deliver KS3 to KS5 Computer Science.
The department maintains good links with industry and local universities. with opportunities for students to take part in workshops, competitions and work experience placements.
• Be responsible for the learning and achievement of all pupils in the class(es) ensuring equality of opportunity for all
• Be responsible and accountable for achieving the highest pos-sible standards in work and conduct
• In the spirit of the ethos of the Avanti Schools Trust, treat pu-pils with dignity, building relationships rooted in mutual respect, and at all times observing proper boundaries appropriate to a teacher’s professional position
• Work proactively and effectively in collaboration and partner-ship with learners, parents/families, governors, other staff, the Avanti Schools Trust and external agencies in the best inter-ests of pupils
• Act within, the statutory frameworks, which set out their profes-sional duties and responsibilities and in line with the duties out-lined in the current School Teachers Pay and Conditions Doc-ument and Teacher Standards
• Take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school.
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please download the Job Description.
Avanti Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensuring that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.