- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Working pattern
- Full time
full time, 5 days per week.
- Contract type
- Maternity or parental leave cover (Until the return of the present postholder)
Full time, temporary maternity cover ¦ MPS-UPS ¦ Pension Scheme (TPS) + Employee Health Assistance Programme + Staff Wellbeing team ¦ Required to start as soon as possible
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, highly motivated and inspiring individual to the role of Teacher of Computer Science to cover a period of maternity leave, until the return of the present postholder. The successful candidate should be well qualified, with the vision and energy to engage and empower young people and colleagues alike.
We are looking for applicants who have:
• Excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
• Aspirations to progress in their professional careers
• The enthusiasm to engage and support students
What we can offer you:
• Experience of teaching in an Ofsted graded GOOD school (Jan 2020)
• State of the art facilities, reprographics room and coloured printers in every hub, fully fitted IT equipment in every classroom and in-house IT team support
• An outstanding opportunity for professional development and career progression
• A dedicated staff wellbeing coordinator and college funded Employee Assistance Programme
• Check us out on Twitter @NewmanRCCollege and visit our Staff Wellbeing Twitter @NrCStaff or for more information about the Computer Science department @NewmanRCCompBiz
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Roman Catholic, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- School size
- 1498 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
About Blessed John Henry Newman Roman Catholic College
Newman RC College is an inclusive 11-16 voluntary aided school located in Oldham, ten minutes from Manchester city centre and the breath-taking Pennines. The school is situated in a new building with state-of-the-art facilities and enjoys excellent transport links. We are oversubscribed, judged ‘Good’ by Ofsted in 2020 and subsequently awarded Greater Manchester School of the Year by Manchester Evening News. We are blessed to represent a ‘close-knit’, diverse and talented Catholic community that sees relationships with students and their families as integral to the success of every individual, as well as the belief that there are no limits to a child’s potential, irrespective of background.