- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Computing, ICT
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- MPS / UPS
We are looking to appoint an outstanding and talented Teacher of Computer Science/ICT to join our successful team for January / Easter 2022. This is an opportunity to be part of this successful subject team, which supports students to achieve their potential at GCSE and A level.
We are looking for an excellent classroom practitioner who can provide a first-class education for our students, raising achievement and promoting outstanding progress. You must have a passion for Computer Science and ICT and the ability to communicate this to a wide range of pupils with different needs and abilities
You will be expected to teach across all age and ability ranges.
Applications from newly qualified teachers and from experienced teachers are welcome.
Job Title: Teacher of Computer Science/ICT
Reporting to the Head of Department
Grade: MPS/UPS (TLR may be available for a suitable candidate)
Overall purpose of the post:
To carry out the professional duties of a teacher as circumstances may require and in accordance with academy policies, under the direction of the Headteacher. We are looking for a colleague who can fulfil the following roles and responsibilities:
● The post will be suitable for a newly qualified or experienced teacher
● Carry out all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the School policies and procedures and statutory requirements
● In additional to meeting the requirements of the Teacher’s Standards, the following will be expected of this role:
⮚ To support the promotion of high standards of student learning, achievement, progress, attainment and behaviour through working effectively with the departmental team
⮚ To support and work collaboratively with other members of the department in raising academic achievement across the faculty
Teaching and Learning
● Teach engaging and effective lessons that motive and inspire students at KS3, KS4 and KS5.
● Plan, teach and assess highly effective lessons to ensure all students make good progress.
● Use a range of engaging styles and resources to best meet the needs of students.
● Mark students’ work regularly and provide constructive feedback to students to help them improve.
● Monitor and be responsible for each students’ progress in your class.
● Receiving and acting on feedback to build strengths and improve personal performance within the academy systems.
● Develop plans and processes for the classroom with measurable results and evaluate those results to make improvements in student progress
● Maintain regular and productive communication with pupils, parents / carers to report on progress and behaviour – both sanctions and rewards.
● Apply current guidelines on effective teaching and learning.
Staff and Resources
● Implement school and departmental policies
● Willingness to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the department
● Become involved in aspects of departmental planning and development
● Promote the school’s values and ethos
● Communicate effectively with parents / carers
● To be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to safeguarding, child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
● Maintain high levels of behaviour within the classroom and the schools environment.
● Be a Form Tutor and contribute to the Personal Health and Social Education teaching programme
● Assess, record and report pupils’ progress effectively.
● Engender a commitment to success in each of the pupils.
● Maintain high levels of discipline in your classroom and around the school
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check
(TLR may be available for suitable candidate)
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.