Teacher of Computer Science
This job expired on 23 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
23 March 2023 at 12pm (midday)
10 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Computingjobs
- View all Part timejobs - 0.4-0.5 FTE
- Main/Upper Scale
What skills and experience we're looking for
- We are seeking an excellent classroom practitioner and an advocate for their subject.
- We would welcome an application, regardless of what stage you are at in your career, and would also consider giving a suitable person the chance to train for qualified teacher status during their first year at KEGS, with the costs of the training fully met by KEGS.
What the school offers its staff
- The post offers an exciting opportunity for a newly or recently qualified teacher or someone looking to broaden their experience in a stimulating environment.
- A recruitment incentive could be available for an exceptional candidate.
Further details about the role
Required for September 2023, a well-qualified, enthusiastic part time Teacher of Computer Science, at this selective boys’ state school with a mixed Sixth Form and an exceptional academic and extra-curricular reputation. The Department achieves outstanding results.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About King Edward VI Grammar School, Chelmsford
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1121 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01245 353510
King Edward VI Grammar School is a selective boys' state school with a mixed Sixth Form and an exceptional academic and extra-curricular reputation based in Chelmsford. As a school specifically providing specialist education to very able young people, there is a strong focus on academic achievement, with the vast majority of students (both those boys who join in Year 7, and students, including girls, who join for the sixth form) going on to top universities. There is a serious work ethic at KEGS which derives from highly motivated students and dedicated staff. Recent results have put us near the top of national GCSE and A level rankings, and 23 students who left us in Summer 2019 gained places at Oxford or Cambridge and a further 23 went on to study medicine at university. However, league tables are not our guiding principle – we value breadth of study as well. We also focus significant effort on the progress of students who may find a particular subject area more challenging than others, and we have an extensive programme of mentor support.
Arranging a visit to King Edward VI Grammar School, Chelmsford
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
The Basildon Lower Academy
Timberlog Close, Basildon, Essex, SS14 1UX
The Chauncy School
Park Road, Ware, Hertfordshire, SG12 0DP
Jo Richardson Community School
Gale Street, Dagenham, Essex, RM9 4UN
Computer Science Teacher and Computer Hub Coordinator
Dartford Grammar School
West Hill, Dartford, Kent, DA1 2HW
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Chelmsford and Essex, Southend and Thurrock