- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Computing, ICT
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- Maternity or parental leave cover (Until postholder returns from maternity leave )
- Mainscale - UPS
An enthusiastic, committed and inspirational teacher of Computer Science is required to join an increasingly successful curriculum area.
This role represents an incredibly exciting opportunity for any candidate who is eager to be a part of an organisation that seeks to secure the very highest educational standards for students, who has high standards, commitment, passion, and the ability to teach across the full range of age and ability.
The successful candidate will share in our vision for Catholic Education as part of a successful and experienced IT & Computer Science Department, which is committed to raising academic standards for all students whilst supporting the spiritual and moral development of the whole person.
The Computer Science Department is both innovative and supportive with a history of strong results at KS4 and 5, focused on inspiring children to reflect, learn and achieve.
The successful candidate will have a specialism in Computer Science and will be able to teach to at least KS4. The successful candidate will be able to put their vision for teaching and learning into practice, supported by an able team of staff. They will model excellent teaching practice and inspire others through the delivery of effective and exciting lessons. A bespoke CPD programme will be tailored to meeting their needs.
St Mary's Catholic College is proud to be part of the Holy Family Multi Academy Trust where we strive to develop individual excellence, embrace opportunities and build strong communities with Gospel Values at the heart.
We are looking for a teacher who:
● wants to transform children’s lives and develop a love of Computer Science
● is an excellent classroom practitioner or the determination to develop into one
● works well with staff and pupils alike
● is looking to join a community of schools that promotes the formation of young people into successful citizens
● A unique opportunity to work for a MAT which includes the lead school for Cheshire and Wirral Maths Hub, and has recently been awarded the status of a Teaching School Hub
● Mentoring and high level training
● Encouragement to develop your career with excellent promotion opportunities and opportunities to engage in system leadership
● A caring environment with well-being and work/life balance at its core
We are committed to safeguarding the young people in our care, and we expect all our staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to relevant clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service
Please download an application form and job description from the vacancies area of our website http://www.stmaryswallasey.com Completed Application Form and covering letter to be returned to the Headteacher, Mr K Maddocks, via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applying for the job
Please complete attached application form
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, Roman Catholic, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- School size
- 1088 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
About St Mary's Catholic College, A Voluntary Academy
St Mary’s is proud to be part of the Holy Family Catholic Multi Academy Trust where we strive develop individual excellence, embrace opportunities and build strong communities with Gospel Values at heart. College committed safeguarding promoting welfare children young people expects all staff volunteers share this commitment. The easily accessible from M53, Junction 1 a mile away Wallasey Tunnel.
Arranging a visit to St Mary's Catholic College, A Voluntary Academy
As part of the interview process