Teacher of Computer Science
This job expired on 22 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
22 March 2023 at 12pm (midday)
7 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Computingjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Part time considered for the right candidate
- MPS (plus incentive for exceptional candidate)
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Teacher of Computer Science with a clear vision to continue the success of the Department in the school and to help pupils to develop their skills and knowledge in Computer Science to the highest possible level within and beyond the curriculum.
- Qualified Teacher Status*
- A good degree in Computing or a closely related subject
- A passion for Computer Science as an academic discipline
- Recent participation in a range of relevant in-service school related training
- Be able to contribute to the distinctive nature of the school
- Outstanding subject skill and knowledge
- Good classroom management
- Prepared and able to teach to Advanced Level
- Excellent communication, organisation and listening skills
- Has up to date knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance in relation to working with, and the protection and safeguarding of children and young people.
- Effective contemporary teaching and learning strategies for Computing
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Stamina and resilience and ability to work under pressure
- Committed to personal development
The following would be desirable:
- Experience in a mixed comprehensive setting
- Understanding of national developments in post-16 settings
- Industry experience in programming, computing, robotics or AI.
* Ideally we are looking to appoint a qualified teacher, however, applicants with suitable other experience who are interested in achieving QTS are encouraged to apply.
What the school offers its staff
Staff at Oaklands are committed to being at the leading edge of teaching and learning, providing a first class experience for its students. For staff, a friendly and supportive environment helps ensure that classroom activities are of the highest quality. Teaching is informed by a strong culture founded on the knowledge of the student.
The school will provide you with significant opportunities to help you develop your career.
We are on an exciting and imaginative journey; creativity is the heart of the school’s approach, resulting in innovative approaches to:
- teaching and learning – encouraging questioning, reflection and challenge
- literacy and numeracy – using all subjects to develop these core skills
- curriculum design – establishing a common approach to assessment
- use of data – supporting individual progress and personalising learning
- growing school of leaders – developing leadership at all levels
- School Improvement – empowering staff to take responsibility for areas of change
The school stands within attractive and extensive grounds including woodlands and playing fields. Well-equipped specialist facilities are provided for all areas of the curriculum. In recent years the school has undergone a major refurbishment in many areas.
Further details about the role
Ten Reasons why we think you might want this role at Oaklands:
- Your teaching has already had a positive impact on students at KS3, KS4 or KS5
- You believe in working with a comprehensive mix of children to give them the best possible chance of success in life and are excited by the chance to work with an experienced team
- You are attracted to working in a school that can provide opportunities up to KS5
- You value young people and see them as unique, precious and unrepeatable
- You can see the value of a close professional dialogue with colleagues can challenge and support you
- You like the idea of talking with colleagues about teaching and learning
- You are motivated by the thought of being a member of a team that delivers some of the results in Hampshire for a comprehensive school
- You know that you are good at building lasting professional relationships with students and understand that this is part of the foundation for successful learning
- You are excited by the chance to work collaboratively with other colleagues in other departments
- You want to use this position as a stepping stone to career advancement
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Oaklands Catholic School
- School type
- Academy, Roman Catholic, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1382 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Oaklands Catholic School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
A Catholic Academy, taking in boys and girls from 11-18. The school has over 1,300 students including a Sixth Form College of over 250 students. It is a well-established comprehensive school, which is well supported by parents and highly respected in the community.
Arranging a visit to Oaklands Catholic School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
London Road, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO2 9RJ
Teacher of Computer Science and/or IT
Cowes Enterprise College, An Ormiston Academy
Crossfield Avenue, Cowes, Isle of Wight, PO31 8HB
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Hampshire