MPS/UPS plus fringe
Start date: September 2024
We are looking to appoint a talented, enthusiastic and ambitious teacher of Computer Science to join our highly successful Computer Science Faculty. Our Computer Science results at GCSE and A level are exceptional, with 87% achieving grade 9-5 at GCSE and 86% achieving A*-B at A level. Computer Science is a subject which attracts large student numbers at Key Stage 4 and 5. Our very large sixth form offers plenty of opportunities to teach at KS5. The faculty provides a range of extra curricular opportunities for students, including running a biennial trip to Silicon Valley and San Francisco. Sandringham is also host to Sandringham Computing Hub, one of 34 Hubs in the UK working with the DfE and NCCE to develop computing education in the region, offering unique opportunities to teachers here. We are seeking to recruit someone who has a real passion for computing to contribute to our further development in the subject. This is an outstanding opportunity for someone who wants to join a high performing school and gain significant experience to further enhance their career.
The successful candidate will:
- have a track record of outstanding teaching and learning
- have excellent subject knowledge
- be inspiring, dynamic and passionate
- promote Sandringham’s ethos and values
What can we offer you?
- The opportunity to work with excellent students whose behaviour is exemplary
- The chance to work in a positive, welcoming and forward-thinking community where blended learning is seamlessly integrated into teaching and learning
- A dedicated staff who are enthusiastic and who want the best for students
- Coaching provision for all those new to the school within a comprehensive and fully developed induction programme
- Mentoring provision for all those new to middle or senior leadership
- A CPD package which is tailored to suit your stage of career development
- A state of the art learning campus which is fully resourced
- Staff can benefit from the school’s children of staff admission rule
- Cycle to work scheme which is part of the school’s sustainability strategy
- We have recently been awarded the MIND Bronze Wellbeing Accreditation and are committed to supporting the mental, physical and emotional wellbeing of staff and students in the school.
Sandringham School is part of the Alban Academies Trust (AAT). The school leads the Alban Teaching School Hub and is also a designated Computing Hub . In joining Sandringham School, you will also be joining the AAT. The Trust is a close community of seven schools within Hertfordshire, three of which are Secondary schools and four are Primary schools. As part of the AAT we are able to maximise the opportunities for personal, professional and career development. To learn more about the Trust please visit https://albanacademiestrust.org.uk/
Alban Academies Trust provides an enhanced induction programme for all of their Early Career Teachers (ECTs) during July which attracts an attendance payment in July and August.
Application deadline: 9am on Monday, 4th December 2023
Prospective candidates are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible as the school reserves the right to close the advert should we feel able to appoint an appropriate candidate.
This job post has expired.