Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Main / Upper Pay Scale £25,714 to £41,807 per annum
Teacher of Computer Science
Salary: Main/Upper Pay Scale
Working pattern: 1 FTE
Contract term: Permanent
Start date: September 2021
Our aim at Selston High School is to inspire every member of the school community to achieve their full potential and enjoy their time with us. As a caring community school we recognise the importance of our values which include respect for all, trust, pride, recognition and celebration of success.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Selston High School for a Teacher of Computer Science to join a faculty of supportive like-minded teachers who share the same vision to inspire our students to unlock their full potential. Within this role you will be expected to demonstrate excellent subject knowledge and be responsible for consistently delivering engaging lessons to our students to encourage them to work to the best of their abilities.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic and self-motivated, with a real passion for their subject. This post would be ideal for an individual who likes a challenge and is committed to students’ learning. We are looking for someone who is patient and caring, with the students’ quality of learning and excellent progression at the centre of their work. This opportunity would suit an NQT or experienced teacher looking for a new challenge.
Why join us?
Our academy is part of The Two Counties Trust. This Trust has a forward-thinking HR strategy with all the professional benefits that this brings for staff. We are easily reached by public transport, and for those who drive, there is a large free staff carpark. We have some excellent facilities for staff and our students really want to learn and achieve. We offer:
The closing date for applications is: Tuesday 15 June 2021 at midday Interviews will be held on: To be confirmed We are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory DBS disclosure, receipt of references and successful completion of vetting procedures. We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and candidates who meet the minimum job criteria will be given an opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at interview.
- Competitive pay scales -our pay scales for Leadership and teachers on the Upper Pay Scale and in receipt of a TLR are above national pay scales.
- An increasing array of employee benefits and lifestyle options.
- The ability to work flexibly.
- Career-Average pension scheme.
- A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development and career.
- Opportunities to experience and share practice in our partner schools across the Trust.
- A stimulating and supportive working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals.
- Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and experience and to make progress in your career.
Applying for the job
Please apply through the 'quick apply' option on the TES website .
More on how to apply (opens in new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.