We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, highly motivated and inspirational Teacher of Computer
Science to join a committed and successful department. This post is suitable for either an experienced
teacher or an ECT seeking to start their career in a caring and supportive team with expertise in training
The successful candidate will:
• be an excellent or potentially excellent teacher of Computer Science;
• be passionate about Computer Science and engaging students in the subject;
• have a passion for learning and teaching and be committed to raising standards across the
• be forward thinking and keen to develop as a practitioner;
• have fantastic subject knowledge and be passionate about helping all students, including the
most able, appreciate Computer Science and understand how to succeed in the subject.
In return we:
• offer professional development and expertise to enable staff to achieve excellence
• provide a highly supportive environment with opportunities to develop as an education
• provide a highly professional and collaborative working environment focused on developing a
love of learning
• offer first rate personal career development to assist you in the fulfilment of your ambitions
• facilitate a culture of research, development and personal reflection to ensure that everyone
can reach the high standards expected
• provide excellent support for ECTs with well trained and experienced professional tutors and
mentors. We offer paid induction and orientation activities in the summer term for ECTs
joining us in September.
Testbourne Community School, an 11-16 comprehensive school with an extremely able cohort, is an
Outstanding School (Ofsted 2010) which provides a forward thinking, outward looking and vibrant
learning environment. We pride ourselves on the strength of staff and student relationships and we
have a strong community at the heart of our ethos. Our shared philosophy is embodied by our strapline
‘Achievement, Excellence, Integrity.’
We highly value our staff and expect teaching staff to exercise their professional judgement in how they
teach. We are dedicated to professional learning and you will be supported to develop into a highly
competent teacher with a deep understanding of effective teaching strategies. To get a sense of what
it is like to be part of our team, please see the ‘Working for Us’ section on our website for genuine
quotes from our staff.
Testbourne is a high performing school, with students achieving our highest results on record in the
summer 2022. 85% achieved a ‘standard’ pass of grade 4 and above in English and Maths combined.
Almost a quarter of students achieved the top grades, 9-7, in both English and Maths. A staggering
total of 135 grade 9s were achieved by our year 11s across their subjects.
Computer Science achieved 88.9% Grade 9-4, with 38.9% of those being Grade 9-7.
Testbourne Community School is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure Barring Service checks, along with other relevant employment checks.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps