Teacher of Computing
Kingsbury Green Academy
Type of role: Permanent, full time.
Closing Date: Midnight, Sunday 18th February 2024
Interview Date: Friday 23rd February 2024
Anticipated Start Date: September 2024
We are looking to appoint a motivated and inspirational teacher of Computing to join our Enterprise and Creative Technology department. We welcome applications from teachers who are keen to inspire students through teaching exciting lessons, implementing creative and personalised activities and supporting progress through high quality assessment and feedback.
Kingsbury Green Academy, judged as ‘Good’ by Ofsted in every category when inspected in April 2022, is part of the successful Ascend Learning Trust. We are an ambitious, forward thinking 11-18 years Academy situated in a beautiful location on the outskirts of Calne in Wiltshire.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed colleague who will:
- be an effective and innovative teacher with a passion for learning
- raise achievement through high quality teaching and learning in Computing, Creative iMedia and IT lessons.
- be passionate about teaching Computing and will bring energy, enthusiasm and new ideas to the classroom
- be an enthusiastic professional committed to providing our students with an outstanding education
- have the ambition and desire to play a significant role in the further development of the Enterprise and Creative Technology Department
Applications will be considered from both experienced and newly qualified teachers.
As an employee of the Ascend Learning Trust, you will also receive many employee benefits as we work together to provide Excellence in Education.
What we offer:
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly, and well-run school.
- The Trusts commitment to staff wellbeing including generous calendar dates and INSET days.
- A strong commitment to your professional development and career management.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
- Reward and recognition, celebrating staff success.
- Leadership development opportunities both internally and across other schools in the Trust.
- A successful ECT support program.
- Onsite parking.
- Pension Scheme.
- Courteous and hardworking pupils.
- Benefits for discounts via an online staff portal.
Please note if we receive sufficient applications, we may close this job role earlier.
At Ascend Learning Trust, we believe in the power of diversity to drive innovation, foster creativity, and create a workplace that truly reflects the richness of the world around us. We are excited to welcome applicants from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to join our dynamic team.
Reasonable adjustments are modifications or accommodations made to ensure that individuals with disabilities or specific needs can perform their job duties effectively. We embrace the idea that everyone should have equal opportunities to succeed, and our aim is to make this a reality. If you need any assistance completing your application, please contact the Recruitment Team on 01793 781485 or alternatively you can email email@example.com
Ascend Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation, or religion.
Please note: Any position that involves working with children requires declaration of ALL convictions/cautions regardless of whether these are deemed as spent and a DBS check will be carried out before any employment commences.
In line with KCSIE 2023 and safer recruitment practices, the school will conduct an online search for all shortlisted candidates. The online search is part of our safeguarding checks and will seek publicly available information on candidates’ suitability to work with children. Shortlisted candidates will be provided with further guidance and will be asked to clarify their online presence.
References will be obtained before interview at shortlisting stage and may be used in the interview process. If previous employment has included working with children, then at least one referee must be from this employment regardless of whether this is the current or most recent employment Any gaps in employment must be detailed and an explanation provided in the relevant section.
Ascend Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any position that involves working with children requires declaration of ALL convictions/cautions regardless of whether these are deemed as spent and a DBS check will be carried out before any employment commences. References will be obtained before interview at shortlisting stage and may be used in the interview process. Any gaps in employment must be detailed and an explanation provided in the relevant section.
This job post has expired.