Teacher of Computing
Queen Elizabeth School, Lancashire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490|
Teaching Computing these days is a challenging job but while this post will undoubtedly involve pressure, intensity and sheer hard work, it will also be highly rewarding and hopefully a lot of fun. Given we are still at the planning stage of next year’s curriculum and staffing, we’re open-minded about the person we appoint and at what level this post will be filled. So…
The post could be suitable for an NQT and indeed this would be a great place to learn how to be a happy, successful and well-rounded teacher because the QES Computing Department delivers both Computer Science and IT across all years.
Or, the post might attract a more experienced person keen to develop leadership qualities before becoming a Head of Department.
Or, the post might be appealing to a great teacher confident enough in their abilities to be keen to develop an interest in Pastoral work, a significant strength of the school.
Whichever category you’re in, the substantive post will require someone who is able, willing and confident to teach A Level Computer Science as well as delivering our curriculum to KS3 and KS4 as outlined in the document with department details. There is also an expectation that the person appointed will be wanting to develop a career and to that end will be keen to make a significant contribution to the QES community. In other words, this post is more than just a job.
Essential educational requirements
Strong relevant degree
Essential skills and experience
• either a great track record of success or, in the case of an NQT, great promise as a teacher
• compelling personal qualities, an ability to form positive relationships with people and the ability to enthuse and inspire both pupils and staff
• impeccable administrative abilities and a highly efficient demeanour
• an ability to communicate effectively
• the ability to work hard under pressure
• a sense of humour and proportion
• a commitment to enhancing the community or extra-curricular life of the school
• a commitment to professional development
|School size||1202 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Queen Elizabeth School website (opens in a new window)|
About Queen Elizabeth School
Kirkby Lonsdale, , Lancashire, LA6 2HJ