Teacher of Dance (maternity cover)
Norton Hill Academy, Radstock, Somerset
|Working pattern||Will consider full-time, part-time|
|Salary||Upper pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £37,654 to £40,490 per year (full-time equivalent)|
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Teacher of Dance to join our talented and hardworking Arts Department. You should be highly motivated, proactive and able to support all students to achieve their potential. Our aim is to ensure pupils make the best possible progress and your teaching will be integral to this. You will be working with and supported by an experienced team of strong teachers and leaders who regard the Arts as a high priority for pupil learning and development with excellent extra-curricular provision.
We will consider part-time for the right candidate.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
• Be committed to exceptional standards of teaching and learning
• Be able to motivate, challenge and inspire students and staff to achieve their best
• Be able to establish and develop outstanding relationships with students and staff
• Help us maintain outstanding results in the Arts department
• Contribute to our core vision and values
We can offer you:
• A school with outstanding behaviour and safety for all
• Excellent facilities for teaching and learning
• Leading Edge professional development to support and improve your leadership skills, in preparation for further promotion
• An emphasis on core traditional values of good manners, high academic achievement, high standards of appearance from our children
• An emphasis on Duke of Edinburgh, Ten Tors and other outdoor education for all
Interviews: Tuesday 17th December
|School size||1704 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Norton Hill Academy website (opens in a new window)|
About Norton Hill Academy
Norton Hill is a co-educational, non-selective 11-18 school. Our students come from Midsomer Norton and the surrounding villages of North East Somerset. Norton Hill School prides itself on providing a secure, stable and well-ordered environment based on traditional values and genuine care and concern for individuals.
We have just over 1700 students at the school of whom 400 are in the Midsomer Norton Sixth Form. In September 2016 we increased our Year 7 entry to eleven tutor groups, in response to a growing demand for places at Norton Hill.
Students at Norton Hill belong to one of five houses: Blackdown, Cotswold, Exmoor, Mendip and Quantock. The House system ensures that every student is known individually, whilst enjoying the opportunities that a large school can offer.
Charlton Road, Radstock, Somerset, BA3 4AD