The Totteridge Academy (TTA) is a fantastic secondary school in North London. With approximately 900 students, and a new Sixth Form which opened in September 2020, TTA is continuing to grow and develop. We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic staff to join our team. Here are some quotes from our 2021-22 staff survey:
“I feel 100% supported by my department and other staff. The student and teacher bond is like I've not seen before, which is great.”
“Teaching and learning is extremely well led, resulting in consistent teaching across the school and therefore much improved attainment from pupils. It is the single most stand-out quality in this school that makes me very proud, and has improved my teaching immensely.”
“The culture of collaboration and continuous improvement is fantastic. I feel as though I would be welcomed, supported and appreciated by any member of staff.”
“The community is extremely supportive, and the staff genuinely care for the children, their education and supporting one another, both professionally and personally.”
“So many of the middle leaders are just world class. They lead by example and have relentlessly high expectations and good humour to boot. Teaching and learning at this school is exceptionally well led.”
We provide a high-quality education in a safe, caring, and focused environment. We teach skills and knowledge, enabling our students to become responsible, well-rounded citizens, equipped with the tools to make effective choices for their futures. We pride ourselves on our inclusive environment with a rich and nurturing culture. We celebrate our differences whilst standing together as a united learning community.
After a significant jump in GCSE results over the three years (pre-pandemic), we are continuing this upward trend. Our school philosophy of kaizen (continuous improvement) enables our students and staff to aim high at all times so that every individual can attain his or her best. We celebrate and are proud of the achievements of all of our students, valuing individuality and nurturing happy, confident, and hard-working young people.
We have high expectations at TTA and reject the view that success in life is pre-determined or that our talents are fixed. We improve through practice; calm, focused classrooms led by knowledgeable, passionate teachers provide our students with the ideal environment for this practice to take place. Our students work hard, aim high, and take pride in their learning.
If you would like to find out more about why you should work at TTA then CLICK HERE or to read some testimonials from our current staff then CLICK HERE.
This position provides the ideal opportunity for an ambitious and dynamic teacher with vision to help shape an ethos of care, respect, high achievement and challenge. Our last Ofsted inspection, in April 2019, graded the school as ‘Good’ overall with ‘Outstanding’ behaviour and leadership. Over the last five years, we have achieved:
- In the summer of 2017, the students celebrated a huge jump, achieving 67% Grades 9-4/A*-C in English and Maths compared to 40% the year before, which has then been further improved year on year and is now 76%.
- In the summer of 2019, the results surpassed the previous year’s spectacular improvements: 86% of students achieved a Grade 4 or higher in English and 81% in Maths (as well as 41% achieving a grade 7 or higher).
- A Progress 8 score improvement from -0.45 to +0.6 in 2019, meaning we are now in the top 10% of schools nationally, which puts us in the top 10% of all schools nationally.
- This Summer of 2022, Year 13 graduated with an excellent set of A Level results and university offers: 32% of students achieved A* or A grades, 54% of entries received A*-B grades and 87% of entries received A*-C grades.
- We celebrated again with the GCSE results: 81% of students achieved a grade 4 or above in English and Maths and 68% achieved a grade 5 or above in both subjects; over two-fifths (42%) of students were awarded the highest grades of 7 or above in English and Maths!
As a member of our community, you will help shape the lives of our fantastic students and play an important role in the academy’s future. The leadership team at TTA strongly believes in giving autonomy to our teachers and is always open to creative and innovative ideas.
At TTA we believe that the best teachers and leaders are continuously striving to improve. We are committed to developing our people and, as part of the largest group of academies and independent schools in the country, United Learning, we offer unrivalled professional development and career progression.
This is an exciting time to join TTA; if you share our high expectations and are passionate about making a difference, we look forward to receiving your application.
CLICK HERE to watch a short video of TTA.
The Totteridge Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all who work at the school to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) along with other required pre-employment checks in accordance with KCSIE 2021.
In particular, candidates should:
- Show the ability to be a/or become an excellent classroom practitioner
- Have high expectations of students in terms of learning, achievement and behaviour
- Have enthusiasm for developing innovative and creative approaches to learning, teaching and student participation
- Have a sound subject knowledge which they can utilise to challenge all pupils
- Have a clear understanding of the latest curriculum and pedagogical developments in DT
- Have an ability to engage and motivate pupils
- Have a commitment to support our enrichment programme by facilitating co-curricular clubs
We would warmly welcome applications from ECT's and experienced teachers.
In return we are offering a highly attractive salary, along with the benefits of being part of United Learning, opportunities to share good practice and collaborate with colleagues across every phase of education.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.