Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Design and technology
Will consider full-time, part-time
Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £25,714 to £41,604
Farlingaye High School is seeking to appoint an outstanding full time permanent Teacher of Design and Technology to start in September 2021.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an enthusiastic, hard-working, lively and very friendly group of teachers. We work together closely as a team, regularly sharing good practice and offering support to each other. We are keen to ensure all students are challenged and enjoy their lessons and as a new member of staff you will have the opportunity to share and implement new ideas.
The general responsibilities of an MPR post include:
• to teach as directed by the Headteacher;
• to work at the direction of the Headteacher and the Head of Faculty to enable the efficient delivery of the curriculum identified through Schemes of Work and in line with the National Curriculum;
• to promote attainment at the highest level of all students through effective teaching;
• to maintain accurate and appropriate records of students’ learning and achievements in line with other schools and faculty agreed policies;
• to regularly set and mark homework, classwork and coursework in line with the agreed school policy;
• to write regular reports to parents in accordance with the agreed school policy;
• to provide subject information to parents and attend parents’ meetings and respond to parents’ enquiries as required by the Headteacher and Head of Faculty;
• attend Open and Information Evenings as required by the Headteacher within the agreed school’s time budget allocation;
• attend appropriate meetings and in-service training within the agreed school’s time budget allocation;
• to undertake faculty responsibility as reasonably directed by the Head of Faculty;
• to maintain in good order teaching room/area and resources for learning, including text books, student materials and equipment;
• to promote and celebrate achievement by students through the implementation of the school’s rewards policy and effective use of display;
• to maintain effective discipline through implementation of the school’s agreed procedures;
• to take part in the school’s appraisal scheme;
• to inform Head of Faculty or LT of concerns that may affect Health & Safety of school population;
• to implement all agreed school policies.
All new staff will be tutors and will undertake the following:
• to attend year team and other relevant meetings;
• to act as a form tutor
• to promote the attainment of all students within the relevant tutor/year group;
• to maintain effective discipline and the agreed uniform code through implementation of the school’s agreed procedures.
Farlingaye High School provides an excellent support programme for newly appointed staff with an innovative CPD programme and lots of opportunities for development.
There is a huge emphasis on teaching and learning with lots of really exciting activities. We teach just 3 lessons a day and staff have a maximum of 84% timetable, with NQTs teaching less than this. The person appointed will be assured of considerable support; we are a very successful, enthusiastic, hardworking school who are keen to share ideas and the principle of mutual professional support is paramount. The SLT and pastoral structures are very effective and consistent.
All new staff are offered a mentor and we operate a line management system with the Head of Faculty for curriculum matters and the Head of Year for pastoral matters.
Applying for the job
Applications for this role can be submitted via the online application process on the Farlingaye High School website.More on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
1917 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About Farlingaye High School
Farlingaye High School is a popular and successful, 11-18 school located in Woodbridge, a pleasant market town situated on the River Deben in Suffolk and just 7 miles from Ipswich. We are a creative school with excellent resources, lovely students and great results.
We are part of East Anglian Schools Trust (EAST) alongside Kesgrave High School and Bungay High School. We have been graded outstanding in our last two Ofsted reports and have “Teaching School” status which allows us to improve teaching and learning. We are committed to providing excellent staff opportunities through developing and promoting our staff and offering an excellent CPD and support programme for new staff.
Arranging a visit to Farlingaye High School
We welcome visits to the school by prospective candidates and this can be arranged by contacting Linda Marsh, HR Manager or Pete Smith, Deputy Headteacher on 01394 385720