Teacher of Design and Technology - Food (Hospitality and Catering)
Deadline is tomorrow
Start date details
27 March 2023 at 9am
15 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Full timejobs - Full time Teaching hours
TLR available for the right candidate
What skills and experience we're looking for
Ivy Education Trust is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic individual with drive, passion and creativity to join Teignmouth Community School delivering Food (Hospitality and Catering). Ability to teach other areas of Technology in Key Stage 3 would be helpful however, it is not absolutely vital.
- an inspirational, dedicated and forward-thinking classroom practitioner?
- able to deliver targeted lessons up to an including Level 1/2 Vocational Award in Hospitality and Catering?
- committed to raising standards?
- creative, enthusiastic and committed to active learning?
- demonstrate excellent planning and organisational skills
- be able to enthuse and motivate all students
- have incredibly high expectations
- be an excellent team player
- believe that all students are capable of success
Support and development available: We are part of the South West teaching network of Food teachers so lots of twilight support with Food teachers in the locale and classes limited to 20 students.
Opportunity to work in other areas of the Technology curriculum if the candidate wants to further develop their skills.
Industrial quality catering facilities ensure a highly specialised teaching environment. The Art and Technology department is a large team of highly skilled teachers and technicians with a wide skill set who are able to fully support a successful candidate at any stage in their career.
If you think you can make a difference to our students and relish the idea of joining our successful, supportive and highly motivated team in the delivery of an excellent education, then we want to hear from you!
What the school offers its staff
- In-trust career development and leadership courses; support to access the NPQ suite of courses and progression opportunities within the Trust’s leadership structure.
- All teaching staff receive weekly incremental coaching as their personalised CPD to develop pedagogy; no whole Trust one-size-fits all approach.
- New staff buddy system; a buddy outside the department to catch up with for support.– Trust and School SLT open door policy.
- Staff EAP Scheme which supports a range of clinically robust counselling options, including telephone and online or face-to-face sessions
- Financial, legal and practical support from qualified professionals on a range of personal issues
- Access to online health and wellbeing resources and a specialist information service
- A dedicated coaching service for line managers, aimed at developing your soft skills and building your confidence for handling challenging situations.
- Annual flu jab offered to all staff
- Dartmoor National Park within 30mins of each school
- Cycle scheme
- Coastal locations
- 10 minutes from M5 motorway
- Excellent rail and bus links
- 20 min drive from Exeter Airport
- Free use of on site Fitness Suite at Exeter Road for all staff within the Trust
- Food allowance for approved duties
CPD And Progression
- Personalised training programmes
- Middle leader training opportunities
- Mentor programmes
- Strong links with external groups such as PiXL, Challenge Partners and South West Teaching School Alliance
- Strong links within the local learning community
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to firstname.lastname@example.orgDownload an application form - 96.1 KB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Teignmouth Community School, Exeter Road
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1012 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Arranging a visit to Teignmouth Community School, Exeter Road
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email Caroline.Curle@teignmouthschool.co.uk.
Similar jobs nearby
Teacher of Design and Technology
Torquay Boys' Grammar School
Shiphay Manor Drive, Torquay, Devon, TQ2 7EL
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Devon, Plymouth and Torbay