|Subject||Design and technology|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490|
Nottingham Emmanuel School invite applications for the post of Teacher of Design & Technology from outstanding, enthusiastic, committed and successful teachers with proven ability to teach inspirational lessons to our students. The post offers opportunity for continued professional development and provides an excellent platform for further career development.
We wish to appoint an imaginative Teacher of Design & Technology who will be keen to work alongside a team determined to create an excellent Academy.
We expect the successful applicant to demonstrate a clear understanding of how to deliver the Design & Technology curriculum and raise the standards and achivement of our students. The teacher would be required to teach all material areas at KS3 and preferably be a specialist in Product Design.
This is an exciting time to join the Trust and we would be delighted to hear from forward-thinking, enthusiastic and committed colleagues looking for the opportunity to help shape the learning experiences of our students in order to meet and beat their potential.
The person appointed will be expected to teach Construction in Key Stage 4. Knowledge of trade experience, processes and operations are essential together with broad knowledge and scope of the industry sector.
We are keen that students have an opportunity to extend their interest and enthusiasm for Construction by taking part in a range of extra-curricular activities such as clubs, visits and competitions. We would welcome any contribution you could make to these activities at the Academy.
The Teacher of Design & Technology position would suit either a newly qualified teacher seeking a first appointment within a forward thinking and well-resourced school or a more experienced teacher wishing to develop their experience and curriculum management skills.
Our vision for the Academy is for it to be a place where pupils have a love for learning, a place where all pupils believe in themselves and can enjoy the challenges presented to them, understanding the benefits of the progress they make.
Essential educational requirements
• Relevant ‘A’ Levels (or equivalent) and degree;
• Qualified Teacher Status.
• Good honours degree (2:1 or better);
• Able to teach Key Stage 5.
Essential skills and experience
• Ability to use innovative, active teaching methods;
• Ability to use ICT as a learning/admin tool;
• An ability to work in collaborative partnership with the full range of people associated with the Trust - staff, parents, governors, community, business, Diocese and LA;
• Effective communication skills, written and verbal;
• Good organisational skills;
• Ability to work with students with special needs or who are Gifted and Talented.
• Ability to develop literacy, including EAL, resources across the curriculum.
• Relevant teaching experience or teaching practice;
• Experience of working with students of a wide range of abilities.
In return we can offer:
• Employee benefits and well-being scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Access to Local Government Pension Scheme
• Salary sacrifice bus pass scheme
• Access to Archway Trust Benefits
|School type||Academy, Church of England|
|School size||1087 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 19|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||The Nottingham Emmanuel School website (opens in a new window)|
About The Nottingham Emmanuel School
Gresham Park Road, West Bridgford, Nottinghamshire, NG2 7YF