Do you want to teach where your subject knowledge is highly valued and where students want to learn?We are looking for a Teacher of Design and Technology who understands that knowledge learnt is not the same as content taught, and uses the best evidence based research in their teaching to drive standards in this important subject.
The ideal candidate will:
- be an excellent teacher and a committed team player
- have a proven track record of success and raising student attainment
- have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of students
- be committed to Queen Elizabeth’s Academy's ethos of high expectations.
We promise a sensible workload, (detentions are centralised, data drops are minimal and feedback is live in-lesson), a wonderful, curious cohort of students and a driven, ambitious and determined staff team to work with.
The successful candidate will benefit from:
- full support and induction
- a strong and caring ethos among staff and students
- excellent CPD opportunities
- networking opportunities across the Diverse Academies
- salary sacrifice schemes.
At Queen Elizabeth’s Academy we have spent five years crafting a knowledge based curriculum and we deliver lessons through our version of fully guided instruction. We have very high expectations of uniform and behaviour and crucially, we expect our students to work as hard as our staff do. Teaching is disruption free at Queen Elizabeth’s. We know that our staff team are our greatest resource. Therefore, we invest heavily in them and we know that this has helped us to develop our stable, supportive and high performing team. We have minimised unnecessary teacher workload, including the eradication of lesson plans, a slim-line marking and feedback policy which promotes immediate feedback in the classroom and a sensible approach to assessment. We know that we have a lot to offer someone who wants to feel respected and appreciated as an expert in their field.
This job post has expired.