Teacher of Design and Technology (Secondary)
We are looking to appoint an outstanding teacher and creative leader to join our evolving team and be fundamental in shaping our all-through school. You will play a part in the development of an inspiring, cohesive, curriculum which will excite and prepare pupils for the next phase in their learning journey.
- Full or part time considered
- School visits for prospective applicants are welcomed please call the School on 0208 764 1825 or email email@example.com
- Deadline is 9am on Thursday, 7 March 2019
Essential educational requirements
Educated to degree level, QTS
Experience of successful and effective teaching
Essential skills and experience
We are looking for an outstanding Teacher of Design and Technology with:
- very high expectations of what can be achieved;
- a proven track record in raising pupil attainment;
- an understanding of how children learn and the complexities of this process;
- the skills to work successfully as a team member establishing effective working relationships and flexible working practices;
- experience of following direction and working in collaboration with colleagues, parents, pupils and the school community;
- strong interpersonal skills;
- a creative and innovative approach to school improvement;
- the ability lead on the educational progress, achievement and enrichment experience (including trips, rewards and clubs) of all pupils across the school.
As a Woodmansterne staff member, you can expect regular and relevant professional development, opportunities to work across phases, be creative and risk taking in your teaching, work closely with colleagues in planning and training. You will be an integral part of this wonderful school and supported by an experienced and supportive leadership team.
Why should you come and work with us?
- we have fantastic children and families (many schools say that, but we really do);
- we have an amazing new building with specialist facilities, including a fantastic library, ICT rich learning spaces, a sports hall and huge playing field;
- you will be joining our team at an exciting stage of our journey as an all-through school;
- you will be supported by a highly experienced leadership team;
- our exciting, enriched curriculum is pupil-centered;
- we are committed to staff well-being alongside professional and career development;
- we are a cohesive, friendly, highly-skilled and passionate staff body, committed to Woodmansterne’s values and ethos;
- the uniqueness of our all-though provision means exciting opportunities for cross-phase collaboration, leadership and management;
- our strong partnerships with families, the local community, other Lambeth schools and Teaching Alliances.
About Woodmansterne School
Woodmansterne has a diverse and vibrant community and as a school we benefit from this rich variety of cultures and traditions . Woodmansterne is at very exciting stage of its development, where Years 7 and 8 are about to move into our amazing new secondary building, after 18 months of working together in our primary site.
- Stockport Road, London, SW16 5XE
- All Through
- LA Maintained School
- Woodmansterne School website (opens in a new window)