Teacher of Design and Technology
This job expired on 9 February 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
9 February 2023 at 9am
2 February 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - Full time
- plus Wren allowance
What skills and experience we're looking for
Professional Skills and Experience
- Possess a good degree and QTS.
- Be an excellent teacher with the ability to inspire students to become effective, self-directed learners.
- Have the skills and experience necessary to achieve outstanding examination results.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the requirements and opportunities of the secondary curriculum.
- Have experience of teaching a range of year groups including examination classes.
- Show evidence of having developed the learning capacity of students.
- Be able to support and role model on delivery of school ethos and policies.
- Show evidence of continued professional development.
- Have relevant experience of working in comprehensive and multicultural environments.
- Know how to use, with guidance, statistical information to evaluate the effectiveness of their teaching and to monitor the progress of those that they teach.
- Be receptive and constructively critical of whole school innovation which will lead to benefits and improvements in teaching and learning.
- Have a commitment to extra-curricular activities and be able to follow procedural and safeguarding guidelines to ensure these run smoothly.
- Be committed to maintaining a distinctive and inclusive Christian vision in the academy.
- Be able to relate to all students in a positive and constructive way and inspire them to achieve more than they think possible.
- Demonstrate the inspiration to motivate and the ability to build on the strengths and expertise of each staff member.
- Possess integrity, optimism, credibility, resilience, calmness and a sense of proportion.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have the ability to relate positively to parents and other stakeholders and engage them successfully in the life of the Academy.
- Appreciate the balance between the academic, social and emotional development of young people, needed to create an outstanding school.
- Embody our vision and values every day work and practice, particularly those of justice, kindness and humility.
What the school offers its staff
All teachers joining Wren receive a high-quality professional development experience. We hope that simply by working at the new academy, teachers will become better practitioners and that much of the best professional development will be found in working with Wren colleagues.
We explicitly prioritise CPD with an innovative programme which provides 3discrete hours for the development of teachers. Within this structure there is a focus on engaging with the latest educational research, with many colleagues undertaking research projects related to their practice. Therefore, we are looking to recruit teachers who are keen to become the very best teachers whilst focusing on ensuring excellent progress.
Our new buildings which we occupied in December 2022 are architecturally impressive and provide an exceptional teaching environment with breath-taking views across the greenbelt and into London. As well as a range of good-sized well-equipped classrooms the site benefits from the following features:
- A welcoming and pleasant restaurant area for both staff and students which is set at the heart of the school
- Dance studio, extensive gym, and assembly hall
- Impressive Sixth Form social and study areas
- Excellent performance spaces both in and outdoors
- Pleasant outdoor social and learning areas for both staff and students
The development of a second academy has led to collaboration and innovation opportunities which benefit all staff and have improved the provision of both schools. Many professional development opportunities have been created which ensure that all colleagues are well equipped and encouraged to be effective in their role.
At Wren you will be given time to plan and evaluate your lessons and intervention strategies. You will be part of a learning dialogue with colleagues for which time is set aside. Most importantly of all, you will be working with young people who are talented and enthusiastic about their learning.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Wren Academy Enfield
- School type
- Free School, Church of England, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 368 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Wren Academy Enfield website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Arranging a visit to Wren Academy Enfield
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Teacher of Art and Design Technology
Harris Academy Beckenham
Manor Way, Beckenham, Kent, BR3 3SJ
Teacher of Design Technology, including Food
Hornchurch High School
Broadstone Road, Hornchurch, Essex, RM12 4AJ
Robert Barclay Academy
Cock Lane, Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire, EN11 8JY
Harris Academy Merton
Wide Way, Mitcham, Surrey, CR4 1BP
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Enfield