- Genuine passion for lifelong learning
- A belief in the unique potential of every student
- Able to self-start, work independently and collaboratively as part of a team- whether led or leading
- Commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of all students
- Clear vision and understanding of how to implement and sustain a high quality teaching and learning
Please view the full Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for this role.
We are seeking to appoint a talented and dedicated Teacher of Design Technology. The ideal candidate will be someone who is passionate about teaching to the highest standard, committed to maintaining a healthy, comfortable environment, and who has the ability to develop their practice in the school’s faculty.
Avanti Grange Secondary School opened in September 2022 on the site of our new primary school, Avanti Meadows, before we move to a new, permanent site in September 2023.
The school opened with 4 forms of entry (120 Year 7 students) in September 2022 rising to 6 forms of entry (180 'new' Year 7 students) from September 2023.
One of the many things that makes Avanti Grange Secondary School distinctive is its values-based approach to education. We encourage students to value self, others and the environment and empower them to be effective learners as well as good and responsible citizens. The school offers a broad, balanced and extensive curriculum as well as a wide range of co-curricular opportunities.
We will develop resilient, communicative, and organised young people, the leaders of the future with drive and initiative. We are in the process of recruiting exceptional staff who will join our talented and experienced team, providing first-class teaching and support to help our students make outstanding progress.
Our students will be:
Courageous - with a strength to stand up for their beliefs and values
Curious - with a love for lifelong learning
Resilient - with no self-imposed limits
Avanti Grange Secondary School is part of Avanti Schools Trust, a successful and growing multi-academy trust (MAT) with a track record of delivering strong outcomes for children. The majority of our schools are significantly over-subscribed.
If you would like to visit our school and meet with Mr. Jones our Principal before applying, please firstname.lastname@example.org arrange an appointment.
What will you do?
- Deliver the curriculum as relevant to the age and ability group/subject/s that you teach
- Be responsible for the preparation and development of teaching materials, teaching programmes and pastoral arrangements as appropriate
- Be aware of pupils’ capabilities, their prior knowledge and plan teaching and differentiate appropriately to build on these, demonstrating knowledge and understanding of how pupils learn
- Establish a safe, purposeful and stimulating environment for pupils, rooted in mutual respect and establish a framework for discipline with a range of strategies, using praise, sanctions and rewards consistently and fairly
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please view the full Job Description
Avanti Services Limited is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks. Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
This job post has expired.