Teacher of Design & Technology
‘’A GOOD SCHOOL’’ (June 2016)
Teacher of Design &Technology
We are looking to appoint a Design and Technology specialist with a vision and passion for the subject, to build on the work of the current post holder as they retire. At KS3 our students learn to design and make products that solve genuine, relevant problems within different contexts, whilst considering their own and others’ needs, wants and values. Alongside this we place a significant focus on the use of processes used in 21st century manufacturing industries and the integrated use of CAD/CAM. We currently offer GCSE Design and Technology alongside the NCFE course in Engineering at KS4.
Bourne Community College is a growing and unique 11-16 mixed comprehensive Trust school, valued and supported by the local community. We have been awarded the Unicef Rights Respecting Schools Award ‘Gold’, which very few secondary schools hold in the country.
We have high expectations for our students and of our staff and we aim to provide the highest quality education in an atmosphere of mutual respect where everyone is valued. We are a fully inclusive school where each individual is supported to develop and nurture the values, skills and attributes that enable them to become the very best that they can, regardless of their individual needs.
You will be able to demonstrate our key foci:-
• ASPIRATION – you will be passionate about teaching and excited by learning, with high aspiration for yourself and all students.
• INNOVATION - you will have the capacity to deliver engaging and challenging lessons that make effective use of meta-cognition and data tracking to enable students to make high levels of progress.
• MOTIVATION – you will have excellent subject knowledge and the ability to communicate this effectively using a range of strategies to motivate and support student progress.
What you can expect in return:-
• A commitment to the on-going development of the subject as we move into brand new facilities in early Summer 2020
• An existing workspace that benefitted from significant investment in 2018 equipped with 2 laser printers and 4 3D printers and computers with 2D and 3D modelling software.
• A well established and supportive staff team committed to ensuring a productive and successful place to work.
• A culture of high expectation and challenge as we consistently seek to develop and extend our practice
• A commitment to developing reflective practitioners through our Continued Professional Development programme.
This post would suit either a successful and experienced teacher looking for a new challenge or a newly qualified teacher who has the potential and desire to be an outstanding teacher. This is a permanent post, required for September 2020. Visits to the school are most welcome.
Completed application forms and letter of application (not to exceed two sides of A4) to be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post addressed to the Headteacher, Mrs Yvonne Watkins
Closing date: 9.00am Friday 6 March 2020
Interview date: ongoing, as suitable candidates apply
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Applicants invited for interview will be required to produce proof of identity, right to work in the UK and qualifications.
Essential educational requirements
Educated to honours degree or above
Evidence of QTS
Essential skills and experience
Experience of teaching this subject area
Bourne Community College is a highly rewarding environment in which to work. We provide a number of internal and external CPD opportunities for staff and actively encourage pedagogical research and innovation. The staff body is supportive and knowledgeable and we have a Staff Association Committee who organise a number of initiatives for colleagues. Staff also benefit from our links with local businesses, for example discounted membership at our neighbouring leisure centre.
About Bourne Community College
- Park Road, Emsworth, Hampshire, PO10 8PJ
- LA Maintained School
- Bourne Community College website (opens in a new window)