- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Design and technology
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- £25,714 - £41,604 (MPS1 - UPS3)
We are seeking to appoint a Teacher of Design Technology to join our successful and ambitious Design Technology Department from January 2022. This is a wonderful opportunity for the right person to work in a faculty with highly dedicated staff and motivated students. We are looking for a teacher who is enthusiastic, ambitious and who can promote high expectations within the Design Technology Department and throughout the Academy as a whole. Candidates must be able to teach Key Stage 3 and 4 and preferably be able to teach to A Level. ECTs are welcome to apply.
The successful candidate will be fully supported in their career and professional development through ongoing CPD and a commitment to personal development.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- School size
- 971 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
About King Edward VI Handsworth Wood Girls' Academy
King Edward VI Handsworth Wood Girls’ Academy is proud to serve the community of Handsworth and North West Birmingham. We are a non-selective, comprehensive, thriving, diverse and academically successful school for girls aged 11-18. Our Academy is part of the King Edward VI Academy Trust and we are committed to delivering our shared values and resolutely believe that education can:
• Raise aspirations to transform the lives of young people and to enhance the well-being of individuals and the community.
• Give young people the chance to live rich, fulfilled lives and to contribute to society.
• Provide more than the teaching of knowledge and skills.
• Develop curiosity and independence of mind.
• Create a love of learning, which will foster creativity, imagination and the capacity to communicate.
• Provide the chance to participate in sport, music, drama, outdoor pursuits and involvement in the wider community.
• Build character and relationships, along with a sense of morality, care and respect for others.
Regardless of their background or starting points, we expect all our students will achieve the highest academic standards. We also believe if we equip our students with the universal values of scholarship, character and community it will serve them well at university, in training, the workplace and their lives.
We are committed to the value of a broad and balanced curriculum, which is flexible and responsive to the needs of our students and well-matched to their aspirations.
Arranging a visit to King Edward VI Handsworth Wood Girls' Academy
Please contact the academy on 0121 554 8122 to arrange an informal visit.