Teacher of Design & Technology – Maternity Cover
This job expired on 22 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 April 2023
22 March 2023 at 5pm
7 February 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hours a week
- View all Part timejobs - to be negoiated
- Maternity or parental leave cover - 1 year
- MPR / UPR
What skills and experience we're looking for
The successful candidate will:
- Be a consistently good/outstanding classroom practitioner.
- Be able to articulate clear vision of what constitutes outstanding learning.
- Be inspirational in your approach to teaching and interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrate resilience and commitment to continually raising standards.
What the school offers its staff
Why apply to work at Brighton Hill Community School?
- Exceptional support from the Faculty and the Senior Leadership Team.
- “The recent improvements in the school have increased staff morale. High-quality training and development for all staff is effective.” (Ofsted)
- "Staff feel proud of their school and their contribution to pupils’ academic and personal development.” (Ofsted)
- “Leadership support, decisiveness in action and approachability has resulted in staff feeling highly valued and empowered as professionals.” (Local Authority Inspection Report, 2021)
- “In all aspects of life within Brighton Hill Community School, there is a culture and ethos of ‘people first’ and high expectations through a calm, well-managed environment, that is constantly modelled by leadership with relentless pursuit in maintaining the embodiment of the vision.” (Local Authority Inspection Report, 2021)
- Support to be innovative and develop your professional skills, with our bespoke and expansive CPD programme.
- Benefit from our alliance with the Teaching School and to collaborate with colleagues.
- Opportunities to continue the upward progress trajectory of this faculty.
- Work within an established team who are highly resourced and have a strong sense of collaboration and support for each other.
- Opportunities to contribute to an extensive extra-curricular programme for students.
Further details about the role
We wish to appoint a highly motivated and creative Teacher of Design and Technology from April 2023 to join our Creative Industries faculty. This post provides an excellent opportunity for a teacher looking to progress their career and would suit either an experienced, developing or a newly qualified teacher wishing to develop their potential.
Brighton Hill Community School has recently rated as ‘Outstanding’ in 3 of the 4 areas inspected by Ofsted and ‘Good’ overall. We continue our rapid progress journey of ‘making success inevitable’ as a coeducational 11-16 Community School with over 1,200 students expected to grow to over 1250 from September 2023. You will teach across the age and ability range predominantly in your subject specialism(s) and make a significant positive contribution to the vision of the school.
The role will be predominantly dependent on your specialism and will also see you supporting a carousel of topics at KS3 including D&T, food and textiles projects. We expect all out staff to display a range of abilities to make a significant positive contribution to the vision of the school that is reflective of their experience.
Commitment to safeguarding
About Brighton Hill Community School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1086 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01256 362523
Brighton Hill Community School is rated as ‘Good’ by Ofsted and is a rapidly improving coeducational 11-16 Community School with 1110 students.
Arranging a visit to Brighton Hill Community School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Teacher of Design and Technology
Violet Road, Southampton, Hampshire, SO16 3GJ
Christ's College, Guildford
Larch Avenue, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 1JY
Teacher of Design and Technology
The Wellington Academy
Tidworth Road, Ludgershall, Wiltshire, SP11 9RR
Horndean Technology College
Barton Cross, Waterlooville, Hampshire, PO8 9PQ
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Basingstoke and Hampshire