MPS/UPS plus fringe
Start date: September 2024
We are looking to appoint a talented, enthusiastic and ambitious teacher of Design and Technology to join our highly successful D&T faculty. The faculty boasts an impressive suite of facilities including laser cutters and 3D printers as well as two workshops and 2 computer rooms alongside our 2 catering rooms. D&T is a popular subject delivered across all key stages where it is taught on a carousel at KS3 and an option for both KS4 & 5. At GCSE we offer Design & Technology and at A-level, we offer Product Design. Outcomes are very strong at both GCSE and A-level and you would be joining an experienced and friendly team who all have a passion for learning. We are seeking to recruit someone who is not only passionate and has background in design but also has experience of teaching Product Design to A-level. This is an outstanding opportunity for someone who wants to join a high-performing school and gain significant experience to further enhance their long-term career goals.
The successful candidate will:
- have a track record of outstanding teaching and learning, be able to teach A-level Product Design would be an advantage
- have excellent subject knowledge
- be inspiring, dynamic and passionate
- promote Sandringham’s ethos and values
What can we offer you?
- The opportunity to work with excellent students whose behaviour is exemplary
- The chance to work in a positive, welcoming and forward-thinking community where blended learning is seamlessly integrated into teaching and learning
- A dedicated staff who are enthusiastic and who want the best for students
- Coaching provision for all those new to the school within a comprehensive and fully developed induction programme
- Mentoring provision for all those new to middle or senior leadership
- A CPD package which is tailored to suit your stage of career development
- A state of the art learning campus which is fully resourced
- Staff can benefit from the school’s children of staff admission rule
- Cycle to work scheme which is part of the school’s sustainability strategy
- We have recently been awarded the MIND Bronze Wellbeing Accreditation and are committed to supporting the mental, physical and emotional wellbeing of staff and students in the school.
Sandringham School is part of the Alban Academies Trust (AAT). The school leads the Alban Teaching School Hub and is also a designated Computing Hub . In joining Sandringham School, you will also be joining the AAT. The Trust is a close community of seven schools within Hertfordshire, three of which are Secondary schools and four are Primary schools. As part of the AAT we are able to maximise the opportunities for personal, professional and career development. To learn more about the Trust please visit https://albanacademiestrust.org.uk/
Alban Academies Trust provides an enhanced induction programme for all of their Early Career Teachers (ECTs) during July which attracts an attendance payment in July and August.
Application deadline: 9am on Friday, 8th December 2023
Prospective candidates are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible as the school reserves the right to close the advert should we feel able to appoint an appropriate candidate.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.