Teacher of Design & Technology
The main duties and responsibilities of this post include:
• Deliver engaging Design and Technology and Engineering lessons up to GCSE Level 2. An ability to deliver up to A Level/Level 3 would be an advantage.
• Use ICT to enhance the teaching of Design and Technology with experience using CAD CAM and CNC machinery.
• Make a valuable contribution to planning, tracking and assessment.
• Be involved in the faculty’s broad and varied extra-curricular program.
• Inspire student engagement and develop passion for the subject.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
• Excellent subject knowledge and pedagogy.
• The ability to inspire success within Design and Technology.
• Strong graphic and design skills.
• Ability to forge strong working relationships, working well as part of a successful Design and Technology team.
• Successfully plan and deliver well-resourced design and technology lessons.
• Active engagement with CPD.
• A willingness to extend our current extra-curricular programme.
Essential educational requirements
Design & Technology or Engineering graduate with qualified teacher status
Essential skills and experience
Ability to teach all aspects of design technology and engineering at KS3 & KS4 including A level.
Ability to use ICT to enhance teaching and learning in design.
Experience using CAD CAM and CNC machinery.
About South Craven School
South Craven School - Secondary Comprehensive
- Holme Lane, Keighley, West Yorkshire, BD20 7RL
- South Craven School website (opens in a new window)