Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Design and technology
MPS to UPS
We are seeking to appoint, for September 2021, an enthusiastic and well-qualified Teacher of DT for a permanent position, full-time. The candidate will preferably be experienced in teaching Product Design & Design Engineering to Y7-13, but we would welcome applications from all material areas.
❖ To teach specific areas of the school curriculum.
❖ To impact on the educational progress of assigned pupils.
❖ To promote the Catholic ethos of the school.
❖ To act as a form tutor.
Accountabilities and responsibilities
• To be responsible for planning and preparation of courses and lessons.
• To teach assigned pupils according to their educational needs, including the setting and marking of work to be carried out by their pupils in school or elsewhere.
• To assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of assigned pupils.
• To promote the general progress and well-being of individual pupils, and groups of pupils.
• To communicate and consult with the parents of assigned pupils.
• To contribute in meetings arranged for any of the purposes above.
• To provide, or contribute to, oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual pupils or groups of pupils.
• To manage the work of Learning Support Assistants within their teaching groups.
• To participate in any arrangements within an agreed national framework for Performance Management.
• To review, from time to time, teaching strategies and programmes of work.
• To take responsibility for personal professional development, including participating in any training activities arranged in school, and to continue to work towards successful Threshold application.
• To participate, with other teachers, in the development and preparation of courses of study, teaching materials, teaching programmes and assessment arrangements.
• To participate in meetings at school which relate to the curriculum of the school or the organisation and administrations of the school, including pastoral arrangements.
• To maintain good order and discipline among the pupils and safeguard their health and safety both when they are authorised to be on school premises and when they are engaged in authorised school activities elsewhere.
• To participate in arrangements for preparing pupils for public examinations and in assessing pupils for the purposes of such examinations, recording and reporting such assessments; and participating in arrangements to support pupils during such examinations.
• To be involved in the preparation and delivery of the Catholic Citizenship Programme.
• To support pupils in all activities relating to their spiritual development e.g. Assemblies, Mass, daily prayers, etc.
• To be responsible for the daily marking of the register and ensuring that all information kept in the register is maintained up to date.
• To make reports on the personal and academic progress of pupils in their assigned form group.
• To communicate individual pupils needs to relevant staff.
• To communicate with the parents of pupils in assigned form groups and co-operate with outside agencies as appropriate in association with the HAL.
• To provide guidance and advice to pupils on educational and social matters as appropriate including information about the source of more expert advice on specific questions.
• To attend calendared meetings of the relevant Year Group, including Parents’ Consultation Evenings.
• To carry out a share of supervisory duties in accordance with published schedules and as directed by the Headteacher to ensure the Health and Safety of all members of the school community.
• To carry out all reasonable duties as directed by the Headteacher.
Applying for the job
Further details and application forms are available from our website: www.stfrancis.cc.
To send in an application or if you have any queries, please contact Mrs Siciliano Headteacher’s PA at email@example.com.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.