- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Design and technology
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- Main / Upper pay scale
We are seeking to recruit am enthusiastic, creative and innovative teacher who is able to teach Design Technology Resistant Materials/ Product Design across all secondary key stages. Applications from NQTs are welcomed. The successful applicant will need drive, passion, and determination, together with excellent subject knowledge and the organizational skills to bring out the best from every student. It would be advantageous if you can also teach food preparation and nutrition.
• well resourced purpose built rooms.
• excellent technician support in all technology areas, preparing resources and supporting in practical lessons.
• KS3 taught over 3 years in a carousal covering Cooking and Nutrition, Resistant Materials (including Graphics and CAD CAM) and Textiles.
• Courses in GCSE Design Technology with a Resistant Materials / Graphics option, a separate Textiles option, GCSE Food preparation and nutrition and A-level Product Design.
• detailed schemes of work, teaching slides and assessment processes to support all lessons.
• ICT facilities, including data projectors, smart boards and computers in all technology rooms.
• CAD/CAM is catered for with Laser Cutter, 3D printer and computer aided sewing machine available within the department.
• a friendly, highly supportive and skilled team.
• engaged, ready to learn students, with KS4 results currently above the national average.
Please submit your application form to email@example.com by 30 January 2022.
The Downs School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Check through the DBS and provide evidence that they have a right to work in the UK.
Applying for the job
All candidates should complete an application form which can be found on our school website: www.thedownsschool.org. Please note that a curriculum vitae cannot be accepted.
More on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Please be thorough and accurate when completing your application as we review these forms carefully during the shortlisting and selection process. We advise against generic supporting statements and will be looking for your suitability to this particular role.
Your application will be shared with our appointment panel along with references and any other pertinent information.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- School size
- 1300 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
About The Downs School
The Downs School, a Foundation, 11-18 comprehensive school, is a successful, oversubscribed and popular school serving the Downs area of West Berkshire. The roll is nearly 1300 with a well-established sixth form. Results at all levels are consistently above national averages and Ofsted described our students as having ‘excellent personal and social skills’ who ‘achieve well academically’.
Arranging a visit to The Downs School
We welcome visits to the school. These can be arranged by contacting Cassy Clark, HR Manager on 01635 270000