- Job role
- Working pattern
- Will consider full time, part time
- Contract type
- Maternity or parental leave cover (12 months)
Teacher of Drama / Cover Teacher
There are 17 schools within Dartmoor Multi Academy Trust, 3 secondary and 14 primary schools.
On appointment, your main place of work will be at Okehampton College but you may be required to work at any other premises occupied by the Employer or any of the Employer’s Academies within Devon as directed by the Employer.
This job description is not a comprehensive definition of the post. Discussions will take place on a regular basis to clarify individual responsibilities within the general framework and character of the post as identified below. The conditions of employment of teachers in the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions of Service Document apply to this post, whose holder is expected to carry out the professional duties of a teacher as circumstances may require, under the reasonable direction of the Associate Principal.
To carry out the duties of a teacher as set out in the most recent School Teachers’ Pay & Conditions Document. Your aim is to be an effective teacher who challenges and supports your students to do their best by:
• inspiring trust and confidence in your students and colleagues;
• building team commitment amongst your students and colleagues;
• engaging and motivating students;
• analytical thinking;
• taking positive action to improve the quality of your students’ learning.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain a thorough and up-to-date knowledge of the teaching of your subject(s) and take account of wider curriculum developments which are relevant to your work.
• Plan tutorials, lessons and sequences of lessons to meet pupils’ individual learning needs.
• Use a range of appropriate strategies and follow College policies for tutoring, behaviour management and classroom management.
• Use information about prior attainment to set well-grounded expectations for students in your teaching and tutorial groups.
• Assess, monitor and record the progress of students in your teaching and tutorial groups; give them constructive feedback, targets and advice; and, report their progress to, and discuss their progress with, their parents.
• Ensure that, as a result of your training and teaching, your students achieve well relative to their pupils’ prior attainment, making progress as good or better than similar pupils nationally. You will be expected to achieve agreed performance management objectives.
• Within the framework of the College’s performance management and CPD policies, take responsibility for your own professional development and use the outcomes to improve your tutoring and teaching and your students learning.
• Make an active contribution to the policies, aspirations and plans of your House, of your curriculum team and of the College – a community comprehensive school, with Technology specialist status.
Data Protection / General Data Protection Regulations Compliance
The Privacy Notice sets our general principles in relation to Data Protection and the General Data Protection Regulations. You should also abide all Trust policies relating to the use of data including but not limited to:
o Acceptable Use Policy
o Records Retention Policy
o Personal Data Breach Procedure
o Employee Code of Conduct
o E-safety Policy
o Social Media Policy
o Use of Personal Devices Policy
Our Privacy Notice for Employees explains how we use your personal data.
Teachers must abide by the Teachers’ Standards throughout their career. Teachers (and staff appointed under Teaching Staff Terms and Conditions) must have an understanding of, and always act within, the statutory frameworks which set out their professional duties and responsibilities.
You should note that a duty of confidentiality applies to all personal data seen prior to the first day of employment (for example, pupil lists for the purposes of lesson planning or other activities to support teaching and learning). This reflects the custom and practice of those contracts of employment starting on the first day of term while recognising the need to be aware of and plan to support pupil needs.
Applying for the job
For further information and to apply for this post please visit the vacancies page on our Trust website https://www.dartmoormat.org.uk/
More on how to apply (opens in new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.