Teacher of Drama & English
This job expired on 22 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
22 March 2023 at 12pm (midday)
10 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Dramajobs, View all Englishjobs
- View all Full timejobs - The position is for a full-time teaching role - Monday to Friday.
There is the opportunity for a TLR2 for a suitably experienced candidate.
What skills and experience we're looking for
The Wadebridge School English Department is looking to complement its successful English team and we are seeking a lively and enthusiastic graduate to join our thriving school. You will be required to teach English across the full ability range and in all Key Stages and Drama at Key Stage 4. We study Eduqas English Language, AQA English Literature and Eduqas Drama.
What the school offers its staff
At Wadebridge we try to balance an unwavering focus on progress and achievement for all, with working tirelessly to support our young people in every aspect of their lives; standing alongside them to build the skills and strategies needed in order to remove barriers to their learning and/or social and emotional development. As a school we are committed to promoting the health and wellbeing of everyone in our school community and this starts with our staff: health and wellbeing is the number one priority on all our school improvement and professional growth plans. In 2020 our work in this area was recognised by Carnegie Centre of Excellence for Mental Health in Schools when we were achieved a Gold Award.
Some of the strategies we have implemented include:-
- Over 110 colleagues at all levels have completed a two-day training programme with MHFA England to be certificated as Mental Health First Aiders
- We have an extensive and highly effective student support team
- A dedicated team of Health Champions focussing on strategies to promote positive staff wellbeing
- Fully paid wellbeing time built into the school calendar each half term
- The school subscribes to Education Support Employee Assistance Programme giving all staff access to a range of wellbeing support, advice on financial and legal matters as well as high quality online resources
Further details about the role
This dynamic department is well resourced and consists of a dedicated team of ten teachers who are committed and positive practitioners. The above post provides excellent opportunities for either experienced teachers, or newly qualified teachers and the successful applicants will be enthusiastic team players.
Commitment to safeguarding
About Wadebridge School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1066 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Wadebridge School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01208 812881
Arranging a visit to Wadebridge School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Charlestown Road, St Austell, Cornwall, PL25 3NR
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Cornwall