Teacher of Drama
Maltby Academy, Rotherham, South Yorkshire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Part-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3|
• Have a desire and ability to teach Drama to KS3/4?
• Have a passion for teaching and wish to inspire students to love learning?
• Want to join a forward thinking, highly supportive and progressive Drama Department?
• Wish to be part of a Learning Trust that recognises talent and invests in potential through excellent professional development and progression opportunities irrespective of career stage?
If so, Maltby Academy (range 11-18) is the place to continue the next stage of your career.
The Academy sits within a unique and expanding Multi Academy Trust and is a vibrant and inspiring place to work and learn.
We are seeking to appoint a highly qualified, ambitious and talented teacher to contribute to the Drama Department’s improvement journey. A passion for Drama and a strong commitment to developing young people to achieve their potential is essential. The post is part time temporary post to cover for maternity leave for 12 months or until the post holder returns.
Our successful candidate will be:
• An exceptional classroom practitioner with high expectations
• Able to inspire and enthuse students
• Committed to raising standards for all
• Able to adapt to changing circumstances and embrace new ideas
In return we will offer:
• New, purpose-built learning spaces which inspire outstanding teaching and learning
• Excellent career development opportunities and access to a comprehensive programme of Personalised Professional Learning and Development
• An outstanding induction programme with supportive and dynamic staff
This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
How do I apply?
For further information please contact Rachael Barratt, PA to the Principal on email@example.com
An Application Form, Role Description and Person Specification can be found on the Academy website or can be obtained by calling the Academy.
Completed applications including a covering letter detailing how your skills and experience to date will prepare you for this role should be sent to Richard Wood, Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Academy address below:
Braithwell Road | Maltby | Rotherham | S66 8AB
01709 812 864
|School size||1067 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 19|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Maltby Academy website (opens in a new window)|
About Maltby Academy
Maltby Academy is a mainstream, non-selective, state secondary school for girls and boys aged 11-19. The school is situated in Rotherham, South Yorkshire. There are 1,040 children on its roll.
Maltby Academy attained academy status in 2010 and is housed in state-of-the-art buildings that include a business and enterprise centre, a multi-use sports centre and an open-plan sixth-form common area. The curriculum is designed to be highly personalised to offer a broad and balanced experience.
Principal: Mr Wood
Values and Vision
Maltby Academy has a strong emphasis on traditional values and high standards, based around good manners, common courtesy, regular engagement and positive behaviour. The secondary school's motto is "Success for today, prepared for tomorrow". Teachers aim to provide an inspirational learning experience in order to build confidence, resilience and a desire to be the best, enabling the school’s young people to be competitive in the global employment market.
“Maltby is a good and rapidly improving academy. Its positive and disciplined ethos successfully promotes pride, mutual respect and good behaviour among its students. The good climate for learning and good teaching has resulted in good achievement. Outstanding leadership has brought about this rapid rise in achievement.”
“Students’ good behaviour and positive attitudes make a good contribution to the quality of their learning and the orderly school environment. Levels of exclusion have been very significantly reduced since the academy opened. Bullying is rare and students feel safe.”
Braithwell Road, Rotherham, South Yorkshire, S66 8AB