Teacher of Drama (Maternity Cover)
Wood Green School, Witney, Oxfordshire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Will consider full-time, part-time|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £23,720 to £35,008 per year (full-time equivalent)|
Wood Green is looking for a dynamic and outstanding teacher to join our highly successful Drama department to cover maternity leave from January 2020. The Drama department obtains very impressive results and attracts large numbers at A Level.
This is a very exciting time for Wood Green. Our strong reputation and results improving year-on-year have led to a rapid rise in student applications. We believe strongly in a culture of mutual respect and strong relationships, demonstrated in our Behaviour Policy built on restorative principles and everything is underpinned by our LearnWELL values.
The right candidate
Applications are welcome for the position of an enthusiastic and talented Teacher of Drama to join our highly successful, forward looking department.
• You will be a talented teacher with a passion for Drama
• You will show the ability to inspire students of all ages and abilities
• You will have high expectations of yourself and students and be committed to your professional development
• You will be committed to playing a full role in the development of the Drama Department and the wider school
• There may be leadership responsibilities for the suitable candidate
Wood Green can offer:
• A Drama Department that achieves consistently good outcomes and has a drive to improve from Year 7 through to A level.
• Students who thrive on good relationships with staff and who enjoy Drama
• Development opportunities for staff, collaborating with teachers within school, across the West Oxfordshire Learning Partnership and The Acer Trust
• A school committed to enabling every student to achieve the very best they can with supportive colleagues and a constant focus on enhancing teaching and learning
Essential educational requirements
Relevant degree and Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
Ability to teach Drama to KS3
|School size||1039 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Wood Green School website (opens in a new window)|
About Wood Green School
Wood Green is an over subscribed 11-18 Academy school in the thriving town of Witney, 10 miles west of Oxford. Our strong reputation and results improving year on year have led to a rapid rise in student applications. We believe strongly in a culture of mutual respect and strong relationships, and everything is underpinned by our LEARNWell values.
Woodstock Road, Witney, Oxfordshire, OX28 1DX