Professional Skills and Experience
- Possess a good degree and QTS.
- Be an excellent teacher with the ability to
inspire students to become effective, self-directed learners.
- Have the skills and experience necessary to
achieve outstanding examination results.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the
requirements and opportunities of the secondary curriculum.
- Have experience of teaching a range of year
groups including examination classes.
- Show evidence of having developed the learning
capacity of students.
- Be able to support and role model on delivery
of school ethos and policies.
- Show evidence of continued professional
- Have relevant experience of working in
comprehensive and multicultural environments.
how to use, with guidance, statistical information to evaluate the
effectiveness of their teaching and to monitor the progress of those that they
willing to act upon advice and feedback and being open to mentoring and coaching.
receptive and constructively critical of whole school innovation which will
lead to benefits and improvements in teaching and learning.
- Demonstrate the ability to set up and operate
effective self-evaluation systems.
a commitment to extra-curricular activities and be able to follow procedural
and safeguarding guidelines to ensure these run smoothly.
- Be committed to maintaining a distinctive and
inclusive Christian vision in the academy.
- Be able to relate to all students in a positive
and constructive way and inspire them to achieve more than they think possible.
- Have qualities which earn the trust and respect
of students, staff, parents and governors.
- Demonstrate the inspiration to motivate and the
ability to build on the strengths and expertise of each staff member.
- Possess integrity, optimism, credibility,
resilience, calmness and a sense of proportion.
- Possess excellent written and verbal
- Have the ability to relate positively to
parents and other stakeholders and engage them successfully in the life of the
All teachers joining Wren receive a
high-quality professional development experience. We hope that simply by
working at the new academy, teachers will become better practitioners and that
much of the best professional development will be found in working with Wren
colleagues. Within this
structure there is a focus on engaging with the latest educational research,
with many colleagues undertaking research projects related to their practice. Therefore, we are looking to recruit teachers
who are keen to become the very best teachers whilst focusing on ensuring
excellent progress and the creation of firm foundations which will lead to GCSE
and A Level success.
Our new buildings which we occupied in
December 2022 are architecturally impressive and provide an exceptional
teaching environment. As well as a range of good-sized
well-equipped classrooms the site benefits from the following features:
welcoming and pleasant restaurant area for both staff and students which is set
at the heart of the school
studio, extensive gym, and assembly hall
outdoor social and learning areas for both staff and students
We are looking to recruit excellent
teachers who have the desire to develop further. We want to appoint colleagues who possess
real curiosity about the ways in which children learn most effectively and who
are always seeking to extend their practice into new areas and learning
activities. It is important that Wren
teachers are ambitious both for themselves and for their students.
Other benefits of teaching at Wren
- Career development opportunities in a successful
and growing Multi Academy Trust with plans to expand further.
- Excellent professional development opportunities
including support for programmes of further study and planned career
- Free refreshments and a lunchtime allowance.
- Timetabled professional development time during the
- Planning and evaluation time during the school day.
This job post has expired.